Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rebuild???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 11:09 AM
951Saga
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmstraight081
As far as the cam tower....I guess I don't follow....Do you mean the valve cover,
Yes. The cam is housed on the valve cover. So you have to screw with the timing belt when resealing the cam tower. When I speak on here it’s a Cam Tower, when I talk with non Porsche peps, it’s a Valve Cover.

Sometimes the cover with cork gasket at the backside of the tower can be tightened a smidgen and buy you some time. The oil is either smoking on the header up top or on the crossover pipe below. Please carry a fire extinguisher in the car at all times. Old fuel lines are suspect too.

Welcome to the Fun
Old 10-17-2010, 01:51 PM
89-944NA
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Cam Tower is what you are calling a valve cover. It contains the cam and lifters, and IS NOT just a cover. You need to remove the front covers on the belt housing, distributor cap, rotor, cam gear cover, remove the cam belt, etc to remove the cam tower, be careful, or the lifters will fall out Follow the instructions located at:

www.clarks-garage.com This site will become invaluable to you.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:40 PM
951Saga
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 89-944NA
This site will become invaluable to you.
And here is the direct link, Camshaft Assembly Oil Seal Replacement

Oops that link is for the seals at the front of the cam. For removal and replacement of the cam tower, use CAM-01 and CAM-02. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Rebuild???