OT: Hallett this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OT: Hallett this weekend

Anyone here on the forum going? If you haven't already registered, it's waiting list now, really full and the club race Sunday should be great. I'm doing Fri and Sat, can't stay for Sunday due to family stuff. I'm at the Hampton Inn on Parkway too.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:58 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep TS out of trouble and have a fun safe track weekend
Old 10-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll try, sure are a whole lot of "them 911 cars" registered.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:16 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Was signed up for the DE, but popped the headgasket last weekend at HPT and haven't had time to put it back together. In reality, I could make it happen, but I have a charity car show for a freind who was in an accident here on Saturday that I really should stay for. Have fun and be safe! It's going to be a big field!
Old 10-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just snuck the car out of town(followed closely by a friend in his big H2 hummer) and then gave it a shakedown run. On the way out of town, he said the first time on boost, it did a little black and gray smoke, after that, all clean. Temps were good, brakes still squealing a bit but grip was good. Performance = took the boost down to 16, running in the 11 - 11.5 range. I turned the FP up a bit so after a couple of sessions at Hallett I'll put the FP back down 8# and turn the boost back to 17.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:10 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Ski
Anyone here on the forum going? If you haven't already registered, it's waiting list now, really full and the club race Sunday should be great. I'm doing Fri and Sat, can't stay for Sunday due to family stuff. I'm at the Hampton Inn on Parkway too.
Tried to ping you through PM but never got a reply.

My RL skills have diminished over the years though so it could have easily been something on my end...

Dang straight.....me and my son are there.....leaving tomorrow morning.

My friend (known to David Floyd simply as 'The Doc'......SUP Dave..(?)) Phil will be leaving today with his 911 and the car I'll be driving.

Bret, look for a big American Tradition coach with a white stacker on the back, that's where you'll find me.

Looking forward to it, have never turned a wheel there.

Me and Eon are in SP2s, the ones in our avatars, look for me, I might be
looking for a few pre-practice tips seeing as this is your "home" track....

T (BTW- I posted in the the Race and DE thread looking for you there too)
Old 10-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll find you, leaving early Friday morning, be there before lunch. Just look for the lime green paint and a white Z71 Suburban, black open trailer - leaving the lard *** 24 foot 4500# thing at home.

You'll love the track; elevation changes, some off camber turns, but just remember: on the hill to the "bitch, stay in the gas, split the curbing, come down the hill and brake hard. Running counterclockwise, or the normal way!!! See you there.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:14 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bitch will get you.... And no, it won't just buff out..... Not going to be able to make it. You guys enjoy.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:29 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jlturpin
The bitch will get you.... And no, it won't just buff out..... Not going to be able to make it. You guys enjoy.
Will do, and for what it's worth, we've run a few laps on RFactor just to get acclimated.

But then again, I won't be driving Wolf Henzler's GT3 Cup this weekend either....

See you there Bret.....we'll already be there by thye time you arrive then in the described area with a Mardis Gras Region flag flyin'..

T
Old 10-13-2010, 10:15 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

I'll be there Estock. Arriving Friday afternoon. I'll be in the large garage, with a few KCRPCA buddies.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

cool Richard, see you there too.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

You ever have one of those things that you say, ok, maybe it wasn't meant to be? I've fought lifters to get this going, got that fixed. Had a valve stem leaking on a tire, got that fixed. test run the car, all good. Dyno today, down on power as suspected because I didn't have my laptop, turned 344/326 and had a very rich spot and almost seemed like the wastegate was goofing up, done. Go and get it track alignment done - all before 2pm!!! Get home and the DAMN TRAILER BRAKES ARE ACTING UP AND THE REARS ARE HOT HOT HOT, BEARING CAPS ARE GONE AND MOST OF THE GREASE!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I won't be there. I am not repacking bearings and then getting up early...I might see what I can do tomorrow and maybe salvage Saturday.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:04 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rent a trailer
Old 10-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well....I check the damn bearings, grease everywhere, good I hope, installed bearing buddy, maybe I had the brake controller set to high, leaving at 8 - delaying a bit, check it when I get to Russellville, just beyond Conway, which I will call my point of no return. Too much work not to go.

Hard to do in Podunk land small town USA. Funny thing is, it tows great. I'll check out tomorrow, reduce the brake controller and see how she runs out.

Need to download Mafterburner software on my laptop, left some torque on the dyno from being too rich. It sounded FK'G Awesome!!!!! I was standing behind the guy at the laptop, watching the WB in the car - make sure Kevin didn't get too lean while in the throttle. Damn, been a busy 4 days!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

I did good on the left rear but not so good on the right rear, not sure but it was HOT Hot at Russellville so I nursed it back home at 55. Dropped it off, not sure if bearing or elec brake but should be ready to pick up Wed - told him to do all the damn bearings and check both brakes.

Quick Reply: OT: Hallett this weekend