Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Triple ceramic BB turbo with no oil supply available!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Fabio421
Man of many SIGs
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
For a piece of bearing to make it out of the turbo...

through the intercooler...

then into the engine..

I would be moving to a 3L... because it couldn't happen twice....
Oh yeah, I forgot about the intercooler.

GO FOR IT!!!! Keep us posted.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:11 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fabio421
Oh yeah, I forgot about the intercooler.

GO FOR IT!!!! Keep us posted.
We will see, 2 things driving me right now are cost and schedule... I WOULD like to be able to drive my car some time.... but still have tons of work to do... and with the end target I seriously doubt if it is even remotely a good idea to try to get it out before the end of winter...
Old 09-23-2010, 05:37 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you guys wonder why I didnt want to post too much infromatiion about the company....well this was the reason...to prevent people from calling them directly and tieing up their phone lines, asking questions like are you going to offer it with a KKK hotside and ultimately making us look bad to them (like we cant handle tech support)! So thank you for that! Appreciate it very much!!!!!!!!!!!

Comp Turbo will not be offering this turbo with a KKK hotside but we will. Just like we do with the Precision turbos.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:47 PM
TurboTim
Banned

For a piece of bearing to make it out of the turbo...

through the intercooler...

then into the engine..

Actually it could not spit out the bearings into the intercooler piping or intake at all.There is a backing plate which prevents that from happening. The worse you could expect is debri from the comp wheel grinding agaisnt the comp housing which would still be bad!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Fabio421
Man of many SIGs
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTim
If you guys wonder why I didnt want to post too much infromatiion about the company....well this was the reason...to prevent people from calling them directly and tieing up their phone lines, asking questions like are you going to offer it with a KKK hotside and ultimately making us look bad to them (like we cant handle tech support)! So thank you for that! Appreciate it very much!!!!!!!!!!!

Comp Turbo will not be offering this turbo with a KKK hotside but we will. Just like we do with the Precision turbos.
Cry me a frikin' river

You posted a video w/ a comp turbo logo. I didn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure it out.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:00 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Tim, do you have a price figure in your mind? How many different KKK housing will you offer?
Thanks
Old 09-23-2010, 06:23 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally Posted by Fabio421
Cry me a frikin' river

You posted a video w/ a comp turbo logo. I didn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure it out.
Yes I did. And someone posted a link. But do you guys have to call directly. LOL! It doesnt matter cause I have the pricing details
Old 09-23-2010, 06:27 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally Posted by minho78
Tim, do you have a price figure in your mind? How many different KKK housing will you offer?
Thanks
Well I can tell you that with a T3 hotside...you are looking at $1994.And that is with a modest mark up.

With a T4 hotside it will be $2054 and still witha modest mark up.

With a KKK hotside.$2254. Still a modest mark-up but the KKK housings cost more and then we have to machine them so it will drive the cost up
Old 09-23-2010, 06:32 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Hold on I'm calling Comp about their prices. J/K
Old 09-23-2010, 08:44 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

lol Lesson learned Tim?

Ya had to know that would happen. You'll need super, double top secret encryption next time.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:19 PM
carlege
Drifting

Well I can tell you that with a T3 hotside...you are looking at $1994.And that is with a modest mark up.

With a T4 hotside it will be $2054 and still witha modest mark up.

With a KKK hotside.$2254. Still a modest mark-up but the KKK housings cost more and then we have to machine them so it will drive the cost up
Good to see the prices. For oil less turbos ill be very very very interested to see the results for the longevity of the turbo. im guessing they have already done lab test you think any of that info could be given out?
Old 09-23-2010, 10:46 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

You mean after all this 'Secret Squirrel' build stuff you ain't going 3L??
Originally Posted by carlege
Good to see the prices. For oil less turbos ill be very very very interested to see the results for the longevity of the turbo. im guessing they have already done lab test you think any of that info could be given out?
As soon as you buy, install, and test one, they'll be able to give out the stats.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:29 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 333pg333
You mean after all this 'Secret Squirrel' build stuff you ain't going 3L??

As soon as you buy, install, and test one, they'll be able to give out the stats.
No 3L YET.. but I am trying to set the proper stage for a 3L... all supporting cast members will be there... fuel, stand alone, exhaust, turbo... the list goes on... then the 3L build can begin if I get a contract renewal!

Well, I guess my decision is driven by my new up-pipe... TIM.... hint hint....

Stats will follow completion of my build, till then... nothing for the RL community other than speculation and guessing...
Old 09-24-2010, 12:45 AM
odb812
Burning Brakes

No 3L YET.. but I am trying to set the proper stage for a 3L... all supporting cast members will be there... fuel, stand alone, exhaust, turbo... the list goes on... then the 3L build can begin if I get a contract renewal!

Well, I guess my decision is driven by my new up-pipe... TIM.... hint hint....

Stats will follow completion of my build, till then... nothing for the RL community other than speculation and guessing...
You can enjoy the car with the 2.5 in it while the 3l is being built. Then when the 3l is in you can cut me a deal on that fresh Chris White 2.5.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:49 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by odb812
You can enjoy the car with the 2.5 in it while the 3l is being built. Then when the 3l is in you can cut me a deal on that fresh Chris White 2.5.
Well you see, I have this N/A with almost 100K on her... and all these stock turbo bits that will just be laying around.... full turbo exhaust, turbo, fresh motor, intercooler, pipes... etc..etc..etc.. every part of the engine system is being replaced, so I will have a car in need of new fresh power, and all that fresh power being replaced... hmmmm what should I do?

In reality, as new parts come together, old parts WILL be sold off....

Quick Reply: Triple ceramic BB turbo with no oil supply available!