Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Back pressure question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 12:28 PM
beebone
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back pressure question

Hi, I have 3" full exhaust (no cat), the muffler came with a silencer. I used unplug the silencer and adjust the idle and AFR right for this set up. But the resonance make me headache in low rpm.

So I plug the silencer back, I've found the launch response is faster then before. Also, I fine tune the boost on the EBC as well. Is it nessecary to adjustment the idle and AFR again for the new setting?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:48 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beebone
Hi, I have 3" full exhaust (no cat), the muffler came with a silencer. I used unplug the silencer and adjust the idle and AFR right for this set up. But the resonance make me headache in low rpm.

So I plug the silencer back, I've found the launch response is faster then before. Also, I fine tune the boost on the EBC as well. Is it nessecary to adjustment the idle and AFR again for the new setting?
Only if you notice an issue with the AFR or idle.. If your idle is acceptable, and AFR are within range, run it... the heart of tuning the car is making sure the performance and healthy opperation of the system are intact when all is said and done.

If you have satisfactory idle, throttle response, over all performance and AFRvalues are acceptable, no reason to go back through it all, other than to fine tune everything to try to better what you already have running.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:17 PM
beebone
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Only if you notice an issue with the AFR or idle.. If your idle is acceptable, and AFR are within range, run it... the heart of tuning the car is making sure the performance and healthy opperation of the system are intact when all is said and done.

If you have satisfactory idle, throttle response, over all performance and AFRvalues are acceptable, no reason to go back through it all, other than to fine tune everything to try to better what you already have running.

Sound resonable, i'm pretty satisfy current condition, thanks!

Quick Reply: Back pressure question