Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Hose Kits for 944 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 10:16 PM
DanR 1201
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was considering the venturi delete kit but the Lindsay diagram doesn't have any info on the crankcase breather. I have the original single hose wastegate and no modifications.

Any suggestions or do I need to chase the later metal pipe and check valve. If so and being in Australia I'll keep the venturi and just renew what needs renewing.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanR 1201
I was considering the venturi delete kit but the Lindsay diagram doesn't have any info on the crankcase breather. I have the original single hose wastegate and no modifications.

Any suggestions or do I need to chase the later metal pipe and check valve. If so and being in Australia I'll keep the venturi and just renew what needs renewing.
The metal pipe under the intake was made in two versions. One has the check valve, and one doesn't. You can see and find out more about the differences on this page.

http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/HOSES.html

If you go with a MBC, and our long AOS hose, you can eliminate that metal pipe. It would be very difficult to remove the large from the small, or the small from the large in the metal tubing. It's all no nothing as it's welded together pretty tight.

We have several of the hoses now, and will have all the hoses illustrated on this page mid September. So you can change everything and keep stock, or change bits and pieces as to your direction of mods.

Feel free to contact us directly if you're having difficulty deciding what all you need or what to do.
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 08-27-2010, 11:04 AM
ccg951
Track Day

I just did the entire hose system on my '87, all new coolant hoses, all new vac. hoses (everything under the hood!) and did the venturi delete. I live 10 miles from Lindsey and I can say Mike has never once not seemed happy to answered any of my questions, great crew.

I did a pressure test earlier this year and even though there's only 72K miles on my '87 it sounded like a colony of hissing cobra's with all the leaks. Had the injectors bench cleaned and flowed and it all made a huge diff. in how crisp the car now runs. Well, crips for a stock AFM 951 that is.....

Replace it all and don't worry about it for 10+ years.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:02 AM
DanR 1201
Instructor

Thanks guys. Mike, I'll contact you shortly with my list.

10 miles from Lindsay...that would be handy.

Quick Reply: Hose Kits for 944 Turbo