Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FS: 1986 Porsche 944 TURBO (Orlando, FL) lots of pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 04:12 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow FS: 1986 Porsche 944 TURBO (Orlando, FL) lots of pics

For sale: 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo - Guards Red exterior / Black vinyl interior - 110k miles

Basically I need to sell this car because I already have too many 944 projects. Right now I have 6 944's taking up space, and one of them needs a full motor rebuild which is going to cost me money that I don't have. It's a great car, runs awesome, perfect daily driver, and at the same time perfect for someone who wants something to tinker with. Here are the details explaining why...

Engine: Runs excellent! Perfect for daily driving or if you would like to autocross. Boosts strong, runs cool, clutch feels great, no known problems at all. Timing belts were replaced 7/1/10. Many new parts including intake boot, clutch master cylinder, cat-back exhaust, bypass valve, minor hoses, etc. Turbo spins freely with no shaft-play. A/C works good but is currently low on freon. I would not hesitate to drive the car across the whole country!

Suspension: Koni Yellow shocks and struts installed by previous owner. Everything feels like it should, no knocking or rattle noises. Brakes feel great and are in good shape. Steering feels smooth and perfect, steering wheel always returns to center.

Interior: Beautifully reupholstered seats look and feel like they are brand new. Dash has no cracks but it does have some really small minor cracks near the defroster vents. Door panels, rear seats, and rear hatch carpet all in good shape. CD player and radio sounds great. Some of the interior functions do not work, please see list below.

Exterior: Guards Red paint, the car looks great from a distance but up close there are some flaws. Previous owner was subjected to a large key scratch down the passenger side of the car. There is a dent above the passenger side tail light, and a few paint chips on the driver side rear quarter panel. Basically the car could use a few touch ups or a new paint job if you want it to be perfect. Car will come with 18 inch "turbo twist" wheels with Toyo Proxes4 tires in good condition. If you prefer the BBS RS 3-piece wheels then we will talk price. Also has center light bar between the tail lights which illuminates.

Problems: I made this list to be honest and truthful about the car. It's a 24 year old car, and not in perfect condition. But you will have no bad surprises beyond this list, and as you can see, most of them are easy fixes.

-Odometer inop. (reads 99k, but realistically has ~110k or less).
-Left side AC vent inop.
-AC fan switch only blows on "speed 4"
-Needs passenger side sun-visor
-E-brake inop.
-Sunroof motor inop.
-Needs interior clock
-Seat sliders do not work (back and forth)
-Center arm-rest hinge broken
-Rear hatch mechanism needs adjustment
-Paint flaws (see details listed above)
-Passenger side fog light lense has crack
-Rear hatch glass drips water (needs sealer)
-Rear bumper end caps 'slightly' warped

If you have any questions regarding the car or would like to come see it, feel free to PM or email me at egrafton944@hotmail.com
My cell phone number is 407-733-2076 but please call after 6pm EST. Texting is ok during any time.

Price is $7,000 (or best offer).

Pictures taken 7/20/10:

Pictures taken 5/30/10 at a local PCA Porsche show. The 16" BBS RS 3-piece wheels are available if you prefer, price subject to change.

paint chips on rear quater panel.

more pictures of this car found here: http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...%2086%20turbo/
Old 07-22-2010, 10:44 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

The engine bay is extremely clean. The pictures really do it no justice. In the picture you can see a little bit of red silicone around the diverter valve / intake boot. The torn boot was replaced along with the valve, and everything is back to normal now. Looks brand new.

And as stated, everything under the hood works.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:38 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey... nice looking car! -Good luck with the sale!

Keith
Old 07-25-2010, 09:27 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Thanks Keith!

Quick Reply: FS: 1986 Porsche 944 TURBO (Orlando, FL) lots of pics