Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Public thanks to Vitesse

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:03 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 350 Posts
Default Public thanks to Vitesse

Wanted to shout out to John@Vitesse. He's helped me quite a bit with my saga and spent another hour with me on the phone tonite.

I'm a total computer noob and I couldn't get my laptop to interface with the SMT6. I figured out I was missing the driver, but had no idea how to install it.

John patiently guided me through the entire process, then gave me a very instructional tutorial on how to program the SMT6, walking me through it live as I played around with the SMT6.

Went out with a friend and set the low boost map and the car is running pretty well right now. Very smooth boost ramp and I'm seeing 15.5psi at 3200 rpm.

Once I get to the track and put race gas in the tank I'll set the race gas map at 19psi. That should be a hoot!

Still have a few bugs to work out and get my A/C working properly, I'm having those addressed Friday/Saturday...
Old 07-22-2010, 02:47 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John's customer service is excellent. Glad you got your car sorted.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:17 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Alas, some good news! 15.5 @ 3200 is nice.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:52 AM
Adonay
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Good to hear your car is getting there .

Once I get to the track and put race gas in the tank I'll set the race gas map at 19psi. That should be a hoot!
Dude . Shoot for 24psi if you are on racegas. You wont believe how the car goes then. I think the vitesse turboes does not really shine before you go beyond 18psi. at leased my stage 3 loves higher boost levels. I am not saying it doesent work on pumpgas and 15psi. I am saying if you yank up the boost go past 19psi thats were you will notice what really lives in that turbo.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:35 AM
gcb951
Burning Brakes

John has been a super help with my build.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 AM
rdanford
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What mechanic finished/sill maintain the car now? Crazy long build/troubles over the last few months....glad you're finally seeing the light at the end
Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 350 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm almost there, car is running rich once it warms up, that's the next thing to chase down and then get the A/C to work.

I'm taking the car back to the guys that maintained my first 951, Poudre Sports Car. The owner, Steven, really knows these cars very well, which is unfortunately rare here in the Denver area. The first shop, Cervelli, knew the car but had no work ethic, no motivation and I have an extremely low opinion of him. The second shop did a good job and I like them, but this car is too old school for them, they really don't know the car all that well.

Even though Poudre is over 100 miles from me, I'm done wasting my time, I need to get the car to someone who knows how to fix it and can do it right away.

Last edited by docwyte; 07-22-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Euro951
Racer

Its a shame your so far away, I would have helped you out, I hate to see things dragged out like this.......
Old 07-22-2010, 03:34 PM
rdanford
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck with the new/old shop...I'm up north and started going to SCR Performance which will be my last option for the area...
Old 07-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Ronin-951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and thanks for tell us guys who still have money who's good and who's not.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:04 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

You are welcome! Glad to be able to help out. Next time I'm not answering at 10pm LOL. (J/K)

The PB and the Boost control are fairly simple to setup. You knew what you are doing without my help.

As far as the AC, did you check the flapper door (underneath the dash, accessible from driver seat) is working properly. I usually set it for FULL cool in the summer with the AC. There is a Rod and a clip you can mess with to adjust the door's opening.

Originally Posted by docwyte
Wanted to shout out to John@Vitesse. He's helped me quite a bit with my saga and spent another hour with me on the phone tonite.

I'm a total computer noob and I couldn't get my laptop to interface with the SMT6. I figured out I was missing the driver, but had no idea how to install it.

John patiently guided me through the entire process, then gave me a very instructional tutorial on how to program the SMT6, walking me through it live as I played around with the SMT6.

Went out with a friend and set the low boost map and the car is running pretty well right now. Very smooth boost ramp and I'm seeing 15.5psi at 3200 rpm.

Still have a few bugs to work out and get my A/C working properly, I'm having those addressed Friday/Saturday...
Old 07-22-2010, 04:11 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Glad to hear you got it all worked out.

My pile of Vitesse stuff (MAF, V-Flex, and Piggyback) should arrive tomorrow according to the phone call I just got from UPS a few minutes ago. I'm excited to tear into it. While I'm fairly computer- and tuning-literate, it's still a huge plus to me to know that John is there to offer true support if/when it's needed.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:58 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Vitesse rocks, simple as that.

And let's not forget a shout out to the RL community in general. For all the noise that can plague this place it is still a tremendous, indispensable resource for all of us.

And I can't wait to go for another ride!

Quick Reply: Public thanks to Vitesse