Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Venturi Delete Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 04:34 PM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Venturi Delete Question

While I am in deep with the intake off, turbo off and fitting new AOS amongst other things I am trying to install the factory pipe with the check valve that goes with the venturi delete kit. What I cant work out is which way round the pipe goes, or if I am missing a piece as I didnt start off with the venturi system in the first place as my car is a mix of parts from the original install of the 3.0 turbo engine in my 968 and I am now trying to get it right.

The pipe I have is 944.107.311.03. Does anyone have any pics of it installed as I cant tell if I am missing something obvious. The end nearest the check valve hole that seems to slip on nicely to the top of the AOS means the pipe points straight up in the air, which cant be right and the other end is a pretty tight fit although it will go on. Is there a metal pipe it joins into or a 90 degree bend I am missing??
Old 07-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

There are two different versions of that metal AOS pipe. The early ones (thru 88 non S we think) don't use the check valve at the AOS rubber elbow, just a small 90 degree rubber hose. The metal tube is pretty much straight leading up to the 90. The later version (believe it's from the 88 Turbo S on but not 100% convinced yet) used the check valve on the rubber elbow. But the metal tube is still pretty much straight. The end that has the mounting tab or ear with bolt hole is the front.

We just got in our Silicone elbow for the later AOS with the valve. If you need one, we have all three
colors. We also just got in our "delete the metal AOS pipe" version. It's has the elbow with the
check valve, but the tail end goes all the way to the MAF or AFM eliminating the metal pipe which most
running a Dual Port would want to clean things up. They are not on the site yet, but will
be next week but can be offered in phoned in.
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 07-16-2010, 06:03 PM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike I think we have crossed wires....

The pipe I have is a rubber pipe, the long one with a straight section and some bends. According to PET it mounts right up to the AOS. Just wondered if anyone who had fitted it could chime in and tell me if which way round they fitted it or if I am missing something as I know a lot of people here have done the mod. The check valve is on the straight section of this rubber pipe as per the many pictures of it on this forum see link below.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...ri-delete.html
Old 07-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The 944-107-311-03 is a 944S2 hose, not a turbo. It's straight on the vent end because the S2's AOS tank has the fitting coming out the side, rather then the top like the turbo so it doesn't need a 90 in it. The hose meanders under the intake, pops up through a hose on the intake, and connects in front of the throttle body. If your running a 944 Turbo AOS, that hose isn't going to work well at all. You cannot buy the 944 Turbo hose seperately, without buying the whole tube structure, which is why we just made it.

This may be a case where the PET is confusing. They show that hose on a 944 Turbo drawing, but it's not really a 944 turbo hose. It's a S2 (code M44/41) and shares the same illustration.

Quick Reply: Venturi Delete Question