Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

My Turbo RS Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 06:28 AM
FASTRNU
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Turbo RS Part 2

Many of you know my car,if you dont here's a quick update on what I've done so far on my 87 951
Suspension:Ground control coil over kit w/camber plate and 500# springs 31mm hollow t bars,968 MO30 sway bars corner balanced and track alighnment Kinesis Supercups 17x9 and 17x11 w/Toyo 888's 255 frt and 275 rear

Brakes:993TT reds up front and 965 reds in rear w/Pagid orange pads Motul fluid and stainless lines and nascar style ducting front and rear
Trans:M220 LSD w/cooler ans short shift kit
Motor:weltmiester chip,Lindsey header and custom 3" no cat exhaust adjustable FPR and Gauge Interior:968CS seats and 5 point harness w/harness bar,996 GT3 3 spoke stearing wheel and white gauge faces
I've been gathering parts over the last year and half ,while doing DE's and learning to really drive my car,before I threw alot at the motor.
So now I'm going to add all these goodies
Motor:VR stage 3 MAF with Wasted spark (thanks Jeremy)
Lindsey stage 2 Intercooler,DP wastgate,and Billet fuel rail kit I also have a polished intake, pwdercoated camtower and SFR polished coolant tank
I'm adding a digital boost gauge/controler and AFR gauge too.
AC delete and cruise control delete I'm running the new turbo dry(oil cooled only) so I am also putting in an NA water pump and really cleaning up the engine compartment I'm going to add a second oil cooler also
Body: I have a new splitter and some vents for my hood.One for the IC and 2 smaller ones farther back to vent hot air out (thanks Joe Toth) .Most of all my new front end with deleted fog lights,brake ducts.To clean up the rear I've got euro bumper and a 968 wing S*&T thats alot Right? I'm ready and my buddy has done some sweet motors.he's building it while I do the body work and help him.We stripped it down last night.We broke a couple of downpipe studs getting the Turbo out,but otherwise no problems so far.Of course I appreciate all advise and will post pics of progress so you can look over my shoulder and save me before I do something Stupid OK?
This weekend we will pull the IC and WG,then the camtower and the AC and lots of cleaning.I need to figure out all the gaskets for everything too
Wish me luck
Attached Images     
Old 07-02-2010, 06:41 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

I Like the term RS to give reference to the kind of car you want to build as its much like what i want ...
But actually putting RS on the car in the form of a sticker i believe is a horrendous act of "try hard ".wrong..
Thanks for sharing your car **** we are all licking our lips .... its looks bitchen ...
Old 07-02-2010, 08:06 AM
FASTRNU
Pro

Ya,there won't be any badges that didn't come on it. lol That's just what I call it.It's a lightweight,street legal,track beast.AC,Radio,Console,Cruise,Sunroof DELETE.I would love to get close to about a 7 to 1 weight/hp ratio with the cage coming also.It's somewhere between 951 Cup and 968 CS,with alittle bit of new goodies thrown in.Thanks Joel
Old 07-02-2010, 08:25 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the front end, who is the manufacturer? Looks like a modified stock part.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:39 AM
FASTRNU
Pro

I bought the front end on ebay couple years ago,from Broadfoot racing in Florida.It's off one of thier race cars,they don't sell them.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:49 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet, I lover their stuff. They do some very cool race cars. I am going to start a thread this weekend along a similar path. My 951 race car spectacularly blew the motor and I will be removing he entire drive train this weekend. Since I am adding an S2 ring and pinion, I am going to drop it together. While I am doing so, I plan to remove the balance of my "non essential" bits from the car. i plan to cut out extra plastic from the OEM front end, remove the balance of the gas tank vent, remove the headlight wiring, etc. With the drive train removed, I will dry ice blast the sound deadening off the bottom and under the wheel wells.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:03 AM
FASTRNU
Pro

I'd love to see the dry ice method.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:44 AM
2bridges
Drifting

WOW NICE!!!

You'll have a mountain of sexy parts on that machine! That should be an incredible package with the suspension/brake setup.

You have a roll bar or cage in that car? With a little safety gear that would make an awsome open road race car
Old 07-02-2010, 10:13 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

And your still running with the Welt chip? Or VR chip with the MAF?
Old 07-02-2010, 03:42 PM
FASTRNU
Pro

VR chip w/maf and SMT-6,full VR stage 3 turbo kit
Old 07-02-2010, 06:08 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FASTRNU
Ya,there won't be any badges that didn't come on it. lol That's just what I call it.It's a lightweight,street legal,track beast.AC,Radio,Console,Cruise,Sunroof DELETE.I would love to get close to about a 7 to 1 weight/hp ratio with the cage coming also.It's somewhere between 951 Cup and 968 CS,with alittle bit of new goodies thrown in.Thanks Joel
I definitely feel you on that. I picked my name not to replicate an RS or pretend to have one, but it sort of embodies my opinion of what I'd like my porsche to be akin to
As in I want to mod my car in the style of what porsche might have done with a 944 turbo rs, etc.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:32 AM
FASTRNU
Pro

Today we removed all the belts and IC,radiator and AC condesor.I used some brake cleaner to clean up the motor and engine bay.We installed the new NA waterpump and called it a day.I still need to make a list for the rest of gaskets,belts and some downpipe studs.This weekend we can remove the camtower and then start putting it back together.
Attached Images    
Old 07-05-2010, 10:22 PM
FASTRNU
Pro

Ordering silicone hose kit from LR,got my AC delete bracket on the way
Old 07-06-2010, 12:16 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

I completely agree with the RS philosophy just not the Badge .. sorry Pat ....
Old 07-06-2010, 08:46 AM
2bridges
Drifting

Hey FASTRNU - while you have it this far apart, this would be the time to do motor mounts too if you have not already done them

Quick Reply: My Turbo RS Part 2