Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Is it possible to replace the A/c hoses

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 10:07 PM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Is it possible to replace the A/c hoses

I have one leak for sure on the metal crimping part of the hose attached to my AC compressor. I currently have the engine out, and would like to know if it is possible to cut the metal lines right in front of the AC hig/low pressure nipples. Then I can have new hoses made using the OEM AC fiittings. Just with better hose, and new crimps.

I was told at a local Parker store that this would be possible. Not sure if there would be a better company to do the work, if anyone has any reccomendations.

Thanks
Steve
Old 06-19-2010, 10:14 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't cut the hoses...but yes, take them to the parker store (I have a lot of experience with them in Colorado). They will remake them better than new.

Its important you don't cut them though, so they can get the length, and curvature correct on the new hoses.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:10 AM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I was hopeing to section the metal in front of the high/low pressure nipples, the lines which are mostly the the old rubber hose, and replace w/ equal length a new soild hose that I could neect to where I cut. Thus saving me from having to pull the rest of the metal off the back of the fire wall.

But I guess waht you are saying it that they will need the entire piece and do the connections in store. I was hopeing I would be able to add their hose similar to the fuel line modifiaction.

Thanks
Steve
Old 06-20-2010, 01:41 AM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The hose has a natural curve to it from how its made, and how it lays on the roll. If they assemble your hoses with the curve going the wrong direction, and you have to "force" them into the wrong direction, they will not last. It doesn't seem like it would matter, but it does.

And the high side pressure is ~200psi ... you don't want to use compression fittings like you would a fuel line with 60psi.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to replace the A/c hoses