Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Great clamps!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:01 PM
clangjr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's an original watch DO NOT RESTORE IT. DON'T SEND IT TO JUST ANYONE. They can quickly ruin the authenticity of the piece. You need to find someone who is experienced in dealing with vintage watches and keeping them vintage.
Chuck
Old 06-18-2010, 01:23 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed! That's why I'm looking around. I don't want it to lose it's patina, I just want it to function properly. I'm not going to send it to just anyone. Rl seems like a good place to find a good watch maker.

Okay guys, now back too the topic. It's my fault, but we've gone awfully far afield.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

The watch I just had fixed at Tourneau was the same story - a Rolex that my grandfather bought in 1960. I've been wearing it for 12 years (since his death), but it had recently started to lose time.

It cost me $800 to have it repaired, and it went back to Switzerland for 2 months, but it's right-as-rain now.

Funniest part of the story is that the fancy people in Tourneau were utterly appalled and chided me for not having the watch regularly "serviced". I guess that's like driving your sports car in the snow... But, hey - it ticked just fine for 50 years, and now it's back on my wrist ready to tick for another 50!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:32 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, they say once a year for a tune up and no more than five years. Mine isn't as water resistant as I'd like, so the humidity of Florida has certainly had an effect on it. I'm going to shoot a message to DamienNJ, on the 968 board. He's apperently an expert on this stuff.

Quick Reply: Great clamps!