Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Injectors/power perfect questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Adam Poland
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injectors/power perfect questions

Question #1: Ok, so I have used search before this, but would just like the question to be answered drectly to me lol. I have siemens #55 injectors that I ordered from lindsey racing, do i need the inline resistors? The car has the following list of mods....

1. LR 4" exhaust
2. LR Super 53 turbo
3. LR/951MAX chips (KLR/DME)
4. Power Perfect
5. And plenty of other things that have nothing to do with my problem.

Question #2: I must be technically inclined. My car will start with the power perfect disconnected, but not with it. I realize that the pots could be set wrong, but I have no idea what they should be set at. The whole write up on LR's website just doesn't click with me I guess. Could anyone with experience with the power pefect help? Or even better, could someone with a similar setup give me their pot numbers on the power perfect lol?

Being a do-it-your-selfer, I dislike asking people little questions like these, but have gone without driving my car for too long now, and must get it fixed by this week. Any advice will be great.

Happy Motoring
Old 06-14-2010, 02:08 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Adam, is this the expensive 3L motor you've had built by LR for some time and had problems with going back months and months? I've seen your posts on their website and it would seem to me that you should be asking them shouldn't you? Not that someone with experience on here shouldn't answer, just seems like a long time that you've had this motor with problems.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:16 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Adam, is this the expensive 3L motor you've had built by LR for some time and had problems with going back months and months? I've seen your posts on their website and it would seem to me that you should be asking them shouldn't you? Not that someone with experience on here shouldn't answer, just seems like a long time that you've had this motor with problems.
+1

And to answer your questions:

#1 - Yes you should use resistors.

#2 - You need to have a WBO2 to properly adjust your AFR. Without knowing where your AFRs are currently at, it will be impossible to make any educated adjustments on the piggyback. Furthermore, any suggestions on what to set the pots to, without knowing AFRs, could have disastrous results.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:43 AM
eniac
Drifting

Yay another resistor/injector debate haha!! I am just silly with excitement and uhhh lack of sleep.

No, you don't NEED resistors however if you are using the LR chips then you should use them.

As for the power perfect, like stated above, get a WBO2 before anything and ask LR to clarify the tuning adjustments.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Adam Poland
Racer

Originally Posted by eniac
Yay another resistor/injector debate haha!! I am just silly with excitement and uhhh lack of sleep.

No, you don't NEED resistors however if you are using the LR chips then you should use them.

As for the power perfect, like stated above, get a WBO2 before anything and ask LR to clarify the tuning adjustments.
Ok thank you. I mainly needed the injector question answered. I have a WBO2 already. I'll have to give Dave a call today I guess. I'll have to order some resistors now. Any links please?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Adam Poland
Racer

I think you have the wrong Adam lol. My car is a 2.5L that we built using lindsey products. I was going to get the old motor bored out to a 3.0, but thats because it had scored cylinder walls, then I found out I needed a new crank for that so didnt follow through. lol
Old 06-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

No, this is a different Adam. And you don't know what your talking about.
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 06-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey
And you don't know what your talking about.
Classy
Old 06-14-2010, 03:56 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

No, this is a different Adam. And you don't know what your talking about.
Sorry for the mistake. My apologies. I was just concerned for that Adam. No harm, no foul.
As for not knowing what I'm talking about, well that's all relative Mike...but now that you're here perhaps you can shed some light on the issue brought up by 'this' Adam.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for the mistake. My apologies. I was just concerned for that Adam. No harm, no foul.
As for not knowing what I'm talking about, well that's all relative Mike...but now that you're here perhaps you can shed some light on the issue brought up by 'this' Adam.
We did. On the telephone.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Adam Poland
Racer

We did. On the telephone.
Yes. And i must say, thank you for ALL of the help youve given us at LR.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:51 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Nice to see a happy ending.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Adam Poland
Racer

Nice to see a happy ending.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:58 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AND FWIW, I have been running my car for a year or so with the same 55lb injectors (from LR), no resistors, and my DME has yet to burst into flames, or even have a hickup on the injector drivers...

Happy endings are my favorite way to bring something to closure!

Patrick, it is beter to have a happy ending, than to see one!

Party On!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Adam Poland
Racer

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
AND FWIW, I have been running my car for a year or so with the same 55lb injectors (from LR), no resistors, and my DME has yet to burst into flames, or even have a hickup on the injector drivers...

Happy endings are my favorite way to bring something to closure!

Patrick, it is beter to have a happy ending, than to see one!

Party On!
Yeah that what the guys at Lindsey said we should be able to do. I'm thinking my dad just fried our power perfects. They're tapped into the right pins, but not communicating with the air vane meter. We plan on checking the voltage levels today.

Quick Reply: Injectors/power perfect questions