Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Huntely Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 03:02 PM
spanky
Rennlist Member

Received 739 Likes on 518 Posts
Default Huntely Racing

Hello to all. Has anyone out there or is there anyone out there now currently using Huntely Racing hardware and software on their 951 and if so what were/ are the conclusions as to how this gear preformed on the car and is it still supported by Huntely today. Pls explain what products was used and the conclusions drawn based upon that use. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:04 PM
gcb951
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They've been out of business for a long time. It will be hard to get any support for it and no chance of getting new parts.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:04 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

There are still a few people around that are running huntley racing stuff.. most have swapped it out for more modern, and currently supported bits from Vitesse, SFR or Lindsey Racing..

There are a few here that pre-date Huntley, and you can probably get info from them if you are having problems..

Huntley hasn't been around for a while, and from what I gather didn't support their stuff even before they folded...
Old 06-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Huntley did not have his own software -- though he did put his name on some chips near the end. To manage fuel, he used the ARC2 by www.splitsec.com, which is still in business. Because everyone had different chips, fuel pressure, injectors, etc., and because the ARC2 was a fairly crude analog controller, performance and drivability varied significantly from car to car. His turbos were not bad on the other hand. He did his best with the tools of the day, but digital electronics have made his stuff very outdated. I would not recommend installing his stuff now with all the other clearly superior options out there now.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
from what I gather didn't support their stuff even before they folded...
Cause-and-effect relationship right there!!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:50 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran a Huntley MAF and ARC2 for a number of years. See Tom's comments.

I had no problems per se, it was what it was and served a purpose.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:14 PM
eniac
Drifting

Hey! I still support Huntley Racing!!....with a baseball bat to Derrek's face if I ever have the glorious pleasure of seeing him in a dark alley and just happen to be holding a bat. Though...I'm not sure how that would happen since I don't even own a bat, lol.

see below this quote

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Huntley did not have his own software -- though he did put his name on some chips near the end. To manage fuel, he used the ARC2 by www.splitsec.com, which is still in business. Because everyone had different chips, fuel pressure, injectors, etc., and because the ARC2 was a fairly crude analog controller, performance and drivability varied significantly from car to car. His turbos were not bad on the other hand. He did his best with the tools of the day, but digital electronics have made his stuff very outdated. I would not recommend installing his stuff now with all the other clearly superior options out there now.
The only thing he did his best at was to scam a whole lot of people and companies before skipping the county to get a job at some flight tourist place.

His products were bad even for the time but seemed great becuase there was little competition. He told many lies to sell his products and outsourced his turbos from other companies such as Majestic Turbo which he screwed them out of a ton of money as well. In fact he used money from new orders to fill old orders since he had to often switch suppliers due to non-payment. That is why his "Stage IV" MAF could be one of 5 or 6 different types he sold under that title. The San Diego Sherrifs dept. fraud investigation unit was more than happy to give me a whole bunch of information while I was trying to figure out what happened to my thousands of dollars I sent for a few turbos which I never recieved.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Mark-87-951
Burning Brakes

I'm using huntley racing stage II chips I got on ebay. I'm going to switch to something better one of these days but they seem to do fine enough at about 14-15 psi with an accuboost manual controller.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Sorry, didn't mean to stir up old wounds. You might be interested in this link:

http://cr.linkedin.com/pub/daryoush-...javi/8/515/768

Originally Posted by eniac
Hey! I still support Huntley Racing!!....with a baseball bat to Derrek's face if I ever have the glorious pleasure of seeing him in a dark alley and just happen to be holding a bat. Though...I'm not sure how that would happen since I don't even own a bat, lol.

see below this quote

The only thing he did his best at was to scam a whole lot of people and companies before skipping the county to get a job at some flight tourist place.

His products were bad even for the time but seemed great becuase there was little competition. He told many lies to sell his products and outsourced his turbos from other companies such as Majestic Turbo which he screwed them out of a ton of money as well. In fact he used money from new orders to fill old orders since he had to often switch suppliers due to non-payment. That is why his "Stage IV" MAF could be one of 5 or 6 different types he sold under that title. The San Diego Sherrifs dept. fraud investigation unit was more than happy to give me a whole bunch of information while I was trying to figure out what happened to my thousands of dollars I sent for a few turbos which I never recieved.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:33 AM
George D
Drifting

Where in the hell did you find this? I've fished from Los Suenos. Rumor stated that he fled with Huntley Racing money to Costa Rica.........Guess he is now using Huntley Racing as part of his resume. Silly to most, but I suppose part of getting a job with folks that don't do any research.

This guy fled the country with his partners, investors money.

Good research Tom. How if the F*** did you find this?

I had the Split Second setup with their MAF in an old car. Truth be told, I got reliable power from this many years ago. Huntley did some good work, but he was financed with folks that wanted more than he could deliver in terms of return.

Left for Costa Rica....Good find....
Old 06-08-2010, 03:45 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Fu$%in rug merchant!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:56 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Sorry, didn't mean to stir up old wounds. You might be interested in this link:

http://cr.linkedin.com/pub/daryoush-...javi/8/515/768
Whoa....
Old 06-08-2010, 04:37 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Just good old google...

http://www.google.com/profiles/dkhajavi
Old 06-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

His wife was somehow related to Huntley from the Huntley-Brinkley Report TV news team – that’s why he took that name! You need to be old to know that stuff…
Old 06-08-2010, 09:06 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

This whole thread makes me sad.
I had a problem with the rug comment, when I made it. I'm not a fan of gross generalizations. My life experience has a lot of M.E. roots and my home town is not much different.
That said, my comments could insult some folks that I believe to be the best of the best.

That said, they would agree with me!

To the point. Huntley is toast for good reason. One of the best just posted above me. Vitesse is another. Lindsey is good at what they do, as is C.E.P.

That's where you go for solutions...atleast real ones.

Oh yeah, I forgot Speed Force Racing. Equal , just not as overtly mentioned by me.

Quick Reply: Huntely Racing