Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Not good at soldering

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Mark-87-951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not good at soldering

I need to connect my fuel injector resistors properly. Does anyone have a good explanation or photos for how to solder wires to the resistors properly?
Old 05-04-2010, 10:18 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Here ya go
http://www.solder.net/technical/tips.asp
Old 05-04-2010, 10:36 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try these

http://cableorganizer.com/elelktralink-butt-splices/
Old 05-04-2010, 10:50 PM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the resistors I got for my 83#'rs from Vitesse had male flat end that fits into those cheap clamp things that always pull off. So, I just soldered that whole piece together...didn't have to get to fancy with that...just heat the solder on the clamp piece and let it get wet enough to just fuse those two pieces together - much easier than a typical solder joint with wire. I'd still recommend soldering over anything that just splices those wires together. Just get a few of those and practice a bit before doing the real thing...
Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Mark-87-951
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by choinga
the resistors I got for my 83#'rs from Vitesse had male flat end that fits into those cheap clamp things that always pull off. So, I just soldered that whole piece together...didn't have to get to fancy with that...just heat the solder on the clamp piece and let it get wet enough to just fuse those two pieces together - much easier than a typical solder joint with wire. I'd still recommend soldering over anything that just splices those wires together. Just get a few of those and practice a bit before doing the real thing...
Mine have a male end that is too small for a typical female spade connection. It will only engage with one side. I found some small connectors for audio that I thought would be perfect but they are too small dang it. The resistor male end also has a hole in it.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:25 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

use small crimp on male or female spade connections with crimping tool cut bend spade 90deg for handling . crimp resistor wire into loom wire into crimp then cut spade off have small heat shine on the loom wire before hand slide it over and heat in..

Quick Reply: Not good at soldering