Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

His website gives some info:

www.vitesseracing.com
Old 04-17-2010, 12:09 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The R line up does indeed shift the power to the right some. I started speaking with him about the R line up in early September when these weren't yet "released". I had initially wanted a S3, and then John had asked me if I'd be interested in getting one of his new turbos that he planned to release a few months later. It's more suited for track cars or ones that are normally at higher rpm than street cars.

This makes me anxious to get another S3R!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look into Johns electronic boost controller. You can control the boost via the piggy back. It is awesome. I bought a factory mirror switch off of Lart and run 2 different maps which control the waste gate. I am currently running one map on Sport mode, which boost is just controlled off of the spring in the waste gate. The second map I called Race which spools the turbo faster and boosts to 17psi. Everything looks completely stock.
Vitesse really is a sweat set up.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:35 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Dana, Glad you are liking the S2R. It is great to have a fast spooling turbo at higher elevation. I would expect even faster spoolup once you switch to dual port mode with boost control via the PB.
Fast spooling turbo that flows plenty to support plenty of HP is always nice .
Old 04-17-2010, 12:39 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kevincnc
Sorry for my ignorance here guys, my car and I were in hibernation for the winter. Does the "r" add anything to the Stage 2 other than V-flex?
Hi Kevin, The S2 is no longer available! It was replaced by the S2R which is a new turbo. The S2R is the fastest spooling turbo we offer, yet capable of supporting serious HP.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:43 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
The R line up does indeed shift the power to the right some. I started speaking with him about the R line up in early September when these weren't yet "released". I had initially wanted a S3, and then John had asked me if I'd be interested in getting one of his new turbos that he planned to release a few months later. It's more suited for track cars or ones that are normally at higher rpm than street cars.

This makes me anxious to get another S3R!
The S3R is a new turbo which is based on the S3. Changes were made to modify the power curve. Both S3 and S3R are still offered, giving you more options to chose from.
The S2R is a totally new turbo. The S2 is no longer available.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Adonay
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

@John
So the main difference between the stage 2R and my stage 3 is basically that the 2R spools faster but my turbo flows more at higher rpms ?

@all
Its really a pity that most these turbos "used in streetcars" never see more than 15-18psi. My turbo gets insane after 15psi and thats were i want to be. I am driving the 951 to Sweden next Monday and will be setting up the software for E85 again as i deleted the last map. Cant wait have all ready had a taste of what the vitesse kit offers. And if you think it pulls strong at 15 psi try race-gas or E85 clock up the boost a few notches and you will see were this setup really shines.. To be honnest i am amazed with the power my stage 3 makes.. Thanks again john...
Old 04-17-2010, 01:00 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Adonay
@John
So the main difference between the stage 2R and my stage 3 is basically that the 2R spools faster but my turbo flows more at higher rpms ?

@all
Its really a pity that most these turbos "used in streetcars" never see more than 15-18psi. My turbo gets insane after 15psi and thats were i want to be. I am driving the 951 to Sweden next Monday and will be setting up the software for E85 again as i deleted the last map. Cant wait have all ready had a taste of what the vitesse kit offers. And if you think it pulls strong at 15 psi try race-gas or E85 clock up the boost a few notches and you will see were this setup really shines.. To be honnest i am amazed with the power my stage 3 makes.. Thanks again john...
You are correct the S2R spools up faster than the S3 turbo. However, the S3 is capable of supporting more HP (or flows more). Having said that, the S2R is no slouch, just different characteristics to meet different requirements.

We have many track cars using our turbos. Many racers are setting track records! A fast spooling turbo that makes lots of HP is a key element in making a 951 faster on the track.

You will like the E85. Flip a switch and you are up and running! You can't get E85, fill with pump gas, flip a switch and keep going.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

John,
I know that we can switch between pump gas and E85 on the chip board BUT Is it possible to configure one of the maps in the piggyback to run E85 and the other map to run pump gas?
Old 04-17-2010, 04:41 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Hi John,
I'm happy with the power I have with the S2, but I think I must have an exhaust leak that's keeping it from spooling as fast as it should (7000 ft elevation doesn't help.) After I find the leak I'll upgrade to v-flex. I don't see anything about the boost control on your website either. Does controlling it with the piggyback provide any performace advantage over a regular EBC? Could I use my current Profec solenoid or does it require one from you?
Old 04-17-2010, 06:54 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Richgreenster
John,
I know that we can switch between pump gas and E85 on the chip board BUT Is it possible to configure one of the maps in the piggyback to run E85 and the other map to run pump gas?
Yes you can. You can use a single switch to switch to E85 and the second map in the PB.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:59 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kevincnc
Hi John,
I'm happy with the power I have with the S2, but I think I must have an exhaust leak that's keeping it from spooling as fast as it should (7000 ft elevation doesn't help.) After I find the leak I'll upgrade to v-flex. I don't see anything about the boost control on your website either. Does controlling it with the piggyback provide any performace advantage over a regular EBC? Could I use my current Profec solenoid or does it require one from you?
A exhaust leak will hurt spoolup, and makes a annoying sound.
I haven't updated the site in a while, I need to add the EBC, cams, cam gears as well as a few more items now available.
The PB gives you great flexibility when setting boost. You set it based on load/rpm/boost. You can set the ramp as mild or wild as you want. Even different boost at different RPMs... In order to use the PB as a EBC, you need the V-FLEX and the solenoid we supply. We have the solenoids built to our specs so they work with the PB and do not damage it.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:08 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Well, it looks like I should probably install that selenoid too...

More instructions to read...

-Dana
Old 04-17-2010, 08:20 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

There is one more thing that people REALLY need to know about the Vitesse systems.

When you buy the system, it would on the surface appear that you are buying parts that with some work, you could duplicate yourself. In fact, it probably could be reverese engineered. But there is something more that you get when you buy the system. You get John's knowledge and support.

This project is wrapping up. But the vendors I have used for this project (Vitesse turbo/MAF/vlfex/piggyback/boost control) and Lindsey (silicone hose kit, new wiring harnesses) have been available for all kinds of help.

There is an old story about the guy who brings his car into the shop because it runs really bad. The mechanic listens to it for a few moments. Walks over to the shelf, gets a small screw. Puts it in the carb and the car starts to run great. The mechanic hands the guy the repair bill and it says "$100". The guy asks the mechanic how can he possibly be charging $100 for a screw. The mechanic replies that he didnt charge $100 a screw. He charged $1 for the and $99 to know what screw was missing and how to make the car run right.

This is a lot of what you are buying with the Vitesse system. Yes, a turbo may cost more. I think John does some work to the turbos (the shop said that they were very pleasantly surprised that the turbo was clocked correctly because that has been rare) but even if he simply sold the same turbo you could buy elsewhere for $1000, his knowledge and support is well worth the extra expense.

-Dana
Old 04-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Dana, I'll throw in a +1.

John has sat on the phone with me for quite a while and at times dealt with odd hours due to my being overseas. He also worked with what I wanted from a turbo, and even tho I have yet to fire my new set-up yet, I'm sure it will work just how I want it.

Thanks John!

Quick Reply: First Impression of Vitesse S2R system