Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Fuel Cell Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Schuepbach
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Cell Questions

As part of the lS1 swap I plan on doing I wanted to go with a fuel cell since the car will be track only.

I did some searching but couldn't find much in terms of fuel cells for the 944.

Do most of you guys trunk mount it or does that go against most motorsport rules?

I also looked for ones that mounted in the oem position couldn't find much of anything.

thanks for the advice.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Lanny Curlett
Burning Brakes

google porsche 944 fuel cells and you'll come up with numerous vendors. There is the universal fits that are square or rectangular or Fuel Safe makes one thath fits around trans axle atc. Searcg the last week, like maybe fri through sun and 911 race had one for sale that I bought but he had some pictures of it that may help you.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:11 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

i think the only way to get something better than the factory plastic tank is to use small fuel cells 30 or 40lt
one on the right of the trans axle and one or 2 on the floor behind the seats
Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Schuepbach
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lanny Curlett
google porsche 944 fuel cells and you'll come up with numerous vendors. There is the universal fits that are square or rectangular or Fuel Safe makes one thath fits around trans axle atc. Searcg the last week, like maybe fri through sun and 911 race had one for sale that I bought but he had some pictures of it that may help you.
I did google it and really didn't come across any vendor. A friend of mine mentioned fuel safe as well but they didn't have anything for the 944 on their webpage. I should probably just give them a call. I did see 911 racer's fuel cell and it looked very nice, but sadly you bought it

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
i think the only way to get something better than the factory plastic tank is to use small fuel cells 30 or 40lt
one on the right of the trans axle and one or 2 on the floor behind the seats

I thought of trunk mounting it but my rollcage somewhat gets in the way of all this. I did find this install write up though, might not do their filler neck modification but it looks interesting: http://www.jrmock.com/fuel_cell_install_1.htm

Quick Reply: Fuel Cell Questions