Pro EFI 128

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Pro EFI 128

I have googled.

I have talked to Jason Siebels, the reseller of the product (it is a woodward 128 pin box, and you can buy software to program the box for end use)

I have spoken to one tuner, who was not super detailed.

I now ask you guys - What do you know?

www.proefi.com
Old 03-17-2010, 06:13 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think ripping off the name from a motec ECU M48 is a good sighn .also "on paper"
the price per feature set is amazing so much so I feel its kind of to good to be true .
next step is keep asking around take the next steps join thier forum down load thier software go through all the set up screens and see if it all makes sense ..
Old 03-19-2010, 07:37 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

The software you download could not be fully functional. I don't know.

I am waiting for more info, but its feature set is amazing. The issue is that it seems more real when you look at what the woodward boxes are capable of.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:55 PM
fortysixandtwo
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The site does not list any company history or who the developers are and their previous accomplishments. Personally, I would stay away. You might end up being a beta customer and not even know it.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IIRC, ProEFI's old system was bought by AEM - who turned it into a very common Jap EMS.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:26 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
i think ripping off the name from a motec ECU M48 is a good sighn .also "on paper"
the price per feature set is amazing so much so I feel its kind of to good to be true .
next step is keep asking around take the next steps join thier forum down load thier software go through all the set up screens and see if it all makes sense ..
For me it was the 12 injector /16 coil option ................

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
IIRC, ProEFI's old system was bought by AEM - who turned it into a very common Jap EMS.
ahhh , errr, acccch .. No ! .... GEMS
Old 03-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah, well good thing I prefaced it with IIRC
Old 03-22-2010, 01:12 AM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
For me it was the 12 injector /16 coil option ................

ahhh , errr, acccch .. No ! .... GEMS
I am coming to this post that I made originally having done hours of research, and many more talking to people in the field who have tuned all different types of boxes.

The 12 injectors are a valid output option, as are the 16 coils:

If you do not wish to contribute to the conversation in an experienced manner, you simply can post elsewhere.

This is the chart for the actual manufacturer's units - The pro EFI 128 is the 128 pin unit on the right side. There you can see that 12 injectors and 16 logic level coil outputs is a firmware option.

http://www.woodward.com/pdf/ic/36328.pdf
Old 03-22-2010, 01:16 AM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fortysixandtwo
The site does not list any company history or who the developers are and their previous accomplishments. Personally, I would stay away. You might end up being a beta customer and not even know it.
The unit is made by woodward. They sell these as units for prototyping, etc. Many different boxes are used in different ways for cars and boats.

Jason Seibels, who at one point worked for AEM, separated (was fired?) from AEM and then resurfaced when he started marketing the Pro EFI boxes. It seems that he bought the development software for the boxes and went about making it usable for the end user in the aftermarket auto community.

No - there is not much info. Most of it comes from a very small, but very vocal group of Supra owners, as well as some Lexus (IS300) owners.

I am waiting it out. The system itself is quite robust. But is the application in the field usable? Is it stable? I have no idea. That's why I was asking here if anyone had anything constructive to say.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:42 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrendanC
I am coming to this post that I made originally having done hours of research, and many more talking to people in the field who have tuned all different types of boxes.

The 12 injectors are a valid output option, as are the 16 coils:

If you do not wish to contribute to the conversation in an experienced manner, you simply can post elsewhere.

This is the chart for the actual manufacturer's units - The pro EFI 128 is the 128 pin unit on the right side. There you can see that 12 injectors and 16 logic level coil outputs is a firmware option.

http://www.woodward.com/pdf/ic/36328.pdf

Err,, you are right , there is a lot of 16 cylinder 12 injector engines running around .. My bad ...............

I say buy it , I'm sure one of your many experts told you it was good , buy one and report back to the community ...
Old 03-24-2010, 03:58 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne

Err,, you are right , there is a lot of 16 cylinder 12 injector engines running around .. My bad ...............

I say buy it , I'm sure one of your many experts told you it was good , buy one and report back to the community ...
Your reading comprehension still needs work. I never said that I have been told its the Wunder-box. It may be vapor-ware. It may be a hoax. Who knows. What I know, for a fact, is that it indeed has the hardware that is capable of doing the operations that are listed in that PDF. That info is from a reputable company. Why do you focus on the 16/12 thing? 12 injectors in a V8 could be 8 sequential and 4 for extra fuel or dual fuel at a separate rail.

The question is whether the application works with what Jason Siebels is doing. He has a reputation, and those can be very complex to read or trust when there is little hands-on info.

He mostly distributes through a place called sound performance in Chicago. They supposedly have installed this box in several dozen Supras. And of course everyone says it works flawlessly.

Quick Reply: Pro EFI 128