Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

anyone have instructions for vitesse smt6 and vitesse wasted spark?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010 | 10:25 PM
buddd
Rennlist Member

That's rediculous if I have to pay 250 for a sheet of paper about the product I own.
Old 03-17-2010 | 10:55 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by alxdgr8
John will sell you the directions for $250...

I myself am in a similar situation...trying to get the instructions from the previous owner...
It appears that the previous owner found the software and instructions you were looking for. As I said, it's best to get the information from the seller, otherwise we have to go looking for them and we have to match the documents and software to the product. At times the same product exchange hands 2,3 or 4 times.. As you can tell it can be a second job to keep up.
Since products and instructions evolved, creating a CD matching a particular configuration can take time.
Old 03-18-2010 | 12:34 AM
carlege
Drifting

Originally Posted by buddd
That's rediculous if I have to pay 250 for a sheet of paper about the product I own.
Im sure a certain PM to a certain person could give you instructions that are pretty damn close to your current configuration. The risk you take is yours if it goes up in smoke. either way its not going to do you any good sitting in your shop staring you down everytime you fiddle with the car.
Old 03-18-2010 | 08:17 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Might be true, but consider this at the point of you of the orginal seller (Vitesse) he had to do same job twice without getting any fees himself.

I am sure John would help if you contact him DIRECTLY.
Old 03-18-2010 | 10:10 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

How many different instructions/ways can you wire an SMT-6? I can defintely see in upgrading software but not wiring a SMT-6 unless their was a mistake with the instructions to begin with. there is only one way to install a chip
Old 03-18-2010 | 01:04 PM
buddd
Rennlist Member

heres what i have-

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...uh/vitesse.jpg
Old 03-18-2010 | 01:21 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by buddd
Where do u you live? I am in Nanuet
Old 03-18-2010 | 03:05 PM
aixgelo78
Instructor

some info here....

http://www.locustom.com/software/smt...on%20Guide.pdf

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...wiring+diagram
Old 03-18-2010 | 05:06 PM
User 41221
Banned

Just as a point of reference, I followed the links aixgelo78 posted and then compared them to my original Vitesse supplied documentation, side by side. In my opinion, you would be FAR better off getting in touch with John and working with him to get the proper documentation for your equipment. The "standard" SMT6 document doesn't come close to covering what you will need to know whereas the Vitesse documentation walks you through step by step.

Regards,
Old 03-18-2010 | 05:13 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sh944
Just as a point of reference, I just followed the links aixgelo78 posted and then compared them to my original Vitesse supplied documentation, side by side. In my opinion, you would be FAR better off getting in touch with John and working with him to get the proper documentation for your equipment. The "standard" SMT6 document doesn't come close to covering what you will need to know whereas the Vitesse documentation walks you through step by step.

Regards,
If you do you a search on here you will find the difference and then able to complete it.
Old 03-18-2010 | 05:48 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I have been involved with the PB, probably long before some of you were able to drive. It took lots of time and effort on my part to figure out how to wire and use the SMT product line on the 951/944/911. For some reason, some of you think it is ok to take someone's work, copy it and distribute it! Some of you think it's ok to distribute software I paid for. Well it is not ok!

Go figure it out on your own, call it your stuff, do whatever you want with it. Just don't copy what I came up with. I know the method I developed, it is unique. It's easy for me to identify which installation is using my design. The design that is distributed as copyright material.

People that had developed something of value, I'm sure understand what I'm saying. Those that just don't get it, it's obvious why they don't get it.

All of this nonsense makes me not want to provide any more products for the 951.
Any new development will be safeguarded, the end user will end up paying extra, as safeguarding cost time and money! As much as I hate to say it, there are a few bad apples that will ruin it for the rest of us..
Old 03-18-2010 | 06:13 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fast951
I have been involved with the PB, probably long before some of you were able to drive. It took lots of time and effort on my part to figure out how to wire and use the SMT product line on the 951/944/911. For some reason, some of you think it is ok to take someone's work, copy it and distribute it! Some of you think it's ok to distribute software I paid for. Well it is not ok!

Go figure it out on your own, call it your stuff, do whatever you want with it. Just don't copy what I came up with. I know the method I developed, it is unique. It's easy for me to identify which installation is using my design. The design that is distributed as copyright material.

People that had developed something of value, I'm sure understand what I'm saying. Those that just don't get it, it's obvious why they don't get it.

All of this nonsense makes me not want to provide any more products for the 951.
Any new development will be safeguarded, the end user will end up paying extra, as safeguarding cost time and money! As much as I hate to say it, there are a few bad apples that will ruin it for the rest of us..
Isn't there only one way to wire it up though? If so, doesn't make sense that you can copy write how to wire it up when there is only one way to do it hah. Some one could figure it out on their own, but if its the same way as yours then they are stealing your setup..?? Correct me if I am wrong..
Old 03-18-2010 | 06:22 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ian Carr
Isn't there only one way to wire it up though? If so, doesn't make sense that you can copy write how to wire it up when there is only one way to do it hah. Some one could figure it out on their own, but if its the same way as yours then they are stealing your setup..?? Correct me if I am wrong..
People can figure out all sort of things. The issue is people using someone else's work and think it's fine.

I am so glad this this whole episode is evolving now. I guess the new products' release will be much more controlled.
Old 03-18-2010 | 06:24 PM
User 41221
Banned

Ian, you are wrong. There is a LOT more going on here than just getting the wiring hooked up correctly. John had to have spent a HUGE amount of time to develop this product in the manner in which he delivers it so that it installs easily and works as advertised. I'm not saying that you can't get a standard SMT6 to work the same way, but there is a huge learning curve you will go through and the risk of blowing something up (run lean and melt your engine or overboost and blow your headgasket) is not worth it to me.

Regards,
Old 03-18-2010 | 06:30 PM
carlege
Drifting

Originally Posted by fast951

Does this mean you dont offer product support for your product after the original buyer has sold it?

Quick Reply: anyone have instructions for vitesse smt6 and vitesse wasted spark?