Old 03-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Adonay
On my old NA most of those "superior" vacuum lines were melted i also snapped the line going to the FPR just by slightly pulling it . Even if the silicone lines get soft they wont jump off if they are used together with hose clamps. The silicone lines can even be crimped to check for leaks and change in the idle for example.
If you melted the plastic hard line in an NA then you had some interesting issues…

There are a lot of quality differences with ‘silicone’ hoses. Some are crap. The thick wall stuff is alright. If you can ‘crimp’ easily to test it then that is reason enough not to use it. It will fold and kink its self much easier when really warm.

I haven’t seen a hose clamp that really works on 4mm vacuum lines. One thing that all Silicone hoses suffer from is getting cut by hose clamps when the get softer at temp.

But it you really must – I like these hoses! http://www.siliconehose.com/
Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Ziff951
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! a lot of posts in my absence...I just want it on record that the PO did the 'Superman underwear blue' hoses.... They are on the replace list. I didn't know about the controversy with the silicone, though. These are the Purosil ones, are they bad? You say NAPA has the plastic line? It seems like all the NAPAs I've been to in LA are run by mentally challenge yahoos, at best. Any other avenues for the lines? Is there a special plastic?

Quick Reply: While I'm in there?