Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Project updates?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:46 AM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is "a month" or so away from being tuned and driven. We upgraded the oil cooling with a fan drived oil cooler and another new static cooler. We also installed a thermostat driven trans cooler for the six speed. We installed a 968 bellhousing, 968 Barn flywheel, clutch disc, and a 911TT Sport PP. I seem go go through clutch discs, and using the 968 parts will allow a clutch job in about 2 hours. I always like using factory parts, when applicable and up to the task.

We designed/built a vertical front mounted intercooler and will be using Evans coolant.

We built custom heat shields for better reliability, and are designing a 4" cold air intake. We are going to use Deutsch Nine's dual fixed headlight kit, their hood vents, and their splitter. We installed larger rear calipers to better match the fronts.

We found that the car was very fast with the new 3.0, but not reliable because of heat. After addressing the heat shield issues, oil cooling issues, installing a steam vent, and some other minor cooling tricks, the car should be reliable, with similar HP and TQ, but with a smaller turbo for better spool. These projects take too much time, and I'll be glad to get this car back on the road.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:54 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
These projects take too much time, and I'll be glad to get this car back on the road.
Amen brother....Amen
Old 03-08-2010, 04:13 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
My car is "a month" or so away from being tuned and driven. We upgraded the oil cooling with a fan drived oil cooler and another new static cooler. We also installed a thermostat driven trans cooler for the six speed. We installed a 968 bellhousing, 968 Barn flywheel, clutch disc, and a 911TT Sport PP. I seem go go through clutch discs, and using the 968 parts will allow a clutch job in about 2 hours. I always like using factory parts, when applicable and up to the task.

We designed/built a vertical front mounted intercooler and will be using Evans coolant.

We built custom heat shields for better reliability, and are designing a 4" cold air intake. We are going to use Deutsch Nine's dual fixed headlight kit, their hood vents, and their splitter. We installed larger rear calipers to better match the fronts.

We found that the car was very fast with the new 3.0, but not reliable because of heat. After addressing the heat shield issues, oil cooling issues, installing a steam vent, and some other minor cooling tricks, the car should be reliable, with similar HP and TQ, but with a smaller turbo for better spool. These projects take too much time, and I'll be glad to get this car back on the road.
Looking forward to your results. Cooling, heat shields etc. is something that I find myself focusing more on than actual power output nowadays.

Quick Reply: Project updates?