Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FS: '86 Turbo with lots of upgrades (Edit: new price)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 05:16 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, you're definitely at a good price point now. Our car's aren't run of the mill, so not everybody understands what they're worth or what they even are. Especially with the mods you have.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:36 PM
mx22
Burning Brakes

I could be wrong - not the first time that will happen I do however think that the car in its original condition will hold value better then modified. Maybe not at this moment, but in near future when there will be not that many of them left. Not really interested in racing or even driving the car at anything close to 100mph and this is would be a weekend drive for me...

Alexei
Old 03-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

Your car looks like it just rolled off the show room floor. It takes alot of work or money to get one looking like that. I should say "and alot of money". It's ashame u just don't keep it.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:59 AM
flyingskip87
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike1982
Wow, still can't believe the lack of bids with only a couple hours left..... I know what you mean about putting the work/time/money into the cars. I bought mine 7 years ago for 8,500 and that was the going price then for a well maintained 944 turbo with records, etc. Then just doing normal maintence to the car and doing upgrades, all of which is over 20k plus the car and I can't even find someone to pay my close to what I paid for the car let alone all the upgrades I have done to the car. My car now would have been in the mid teens some 5-7 years ago.
Mike,

The biggest difference between now and then is the economy. People are getting rid of "toys", not tripping over themselves to buy new ones; very many people that a few years ago had large amounts of disposable wealth, today have taken pay freezes, pay cuts or (in many cases) been laid off. Personally, I have had 2 years of pay freezes with another one to come, seen my benefit costs increase while my actual benefits have shrunk, and yet I'm grateful to have a job---2 guys I flew with years ago were let go last week by 2 different companies after years of service.

Not trying to be a downer, just a realist. You and I have talked---that's why I'm budget-limited. No pay raises at the same time that my daily expenses continue to increase (health care, groceries, gasoline, etc etc) and now I'm told my taxes will increase to pay for the new healthcare legislation. There's only so much that you can put into something you don't "need" but just "want"---if you need any further proof, look at Harley-Davidson's sales numbers for the last few years---they've plummeted!

Unless the car you want to buy is brand new, at least take some comfort in the fact that while you may not get what you want out of the car you're selling, you won't be paying as much for your new one either!
Old 03-27-2010, 04:41 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Adonay
If it is to any comfort at all i would gladly pay that kind of money for such a nice car here in norway. Afraid the price range here is a bit higher.
You know it doesn't cost that much to have cars shipped OS...just saying....
Old 03-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Sounds like a plan to me!! It would at least be worth looking at.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Adonay
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
You know it doesn't cost that much to have cars shipped OS...just saying....
I know if i was allowed to buy another car this year i would consider one from the states. This one looks excellent would love to own it. But she would kill me if she did see me picking it up in Sweden and if i took it too Norway the registration fees would be 13441 USD Alone before the price of the car ... Hope the car goes to a good home..
Old 03-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

After posting up both in the 924/944/968 and turbo board I can't believe the car isn't gone yet at this price. I have a couple people talking about it seriously but only time will tell. I know everyone is like, "Oh your car is worth that!" or something to that nature but seems like people just don't want to pay for a nice well taken car. Instead a lot of them would rather buy a car that is say 1-2k less to buy one but what they don't get is that I would bet they will be spending at least 3-5k in the first year of ownership to bring maintence up to date, cleaning the car, fixing problems with it, all the above when they can have a car like mine, ready to go for summer needing nothing at a price that might be only 1k more then a car they are looking at... Makes no sense to me at all... I have checked out the market on current 944 turbos and really only a couple are even close to mine as far as being nice, performance, records let alone price, which mine seems to be actually less then what they are asking. Anyways, car is still for sale, I just would have thought people would jump on it more then I thought.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Mike_UCR
Rennlist Member

Mike, your car looks great and the price point is really good too. My primary concern is mileage and suitability as combo street/DE vehicle. Is it stock transmission, horsepower? Any warts I need to know about? I also have to figure out procedure to get it into Canada.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Yes it has the stock transmission with the stock tranny cooler. The hp is right around 250 rwhp 250rwtq on a mustang dyno. Not sure where you live in Canada so I am not sure how to ship.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well....my race car just sold, so....

Any known issues? Sorry if that's already been addressed, I haven't read the other thread yet. Heading over there right now...
Old 03-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

No issues with the car. Just looking to move on to the next car, which I have to wait for this one to sell. Shiners, you sold your other car???
Old 03-28-2010, 10:20 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike1982
No issues with the car. Just looking to move on to the next car, which I have to wait for this one to sell. Shiners, you sold your other car???
I did. And it killed me to have to do it. Business and family obligations got the better of me, so racing had to be put on hold. I figured I'd sell the race car and buy a street car so at least I could still be behind the wheel without all the time and expense of racing. The new owner takes possession this week, so I'm in the market.

I was thinking of just getting an N/A, but your car looks really nice.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Well, you won't be disappointed in the car at all and would be nice to see go to someone who really likes these cars. If you are serious, shot me a private message on here and we'll talk some.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim - am pretty familiar with Mike's car and would be happy to talk to you about it. Very nice car.

Quick Reply: FS: '86 Turbo with lots of upgrades (Edit: new price)