Need Advice on 951 Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Buckaroo Banzi
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[If you are a boostaholic like alot of us, invest in a standalone
setup first.[/QUOTE]

The money you spend picking up this and that, will be far more than a decent stand alone. INVEST IN A STANDALONE!!!! it will pay off in the long run.

-BB
Old 03-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

One year is not that long. I've had my 951 for 9 years and it's still a blast to drive fast through twisted mountain roads even though it's still on the stock chips. I got a heck of a lot of enjoyment from adding 968 M030 sway bars, though.

Depending on how challenging the rural roads are in in your area, I think you and the comments below have the right idea with the track concept.

Originally Posted by Josh B
You would probably have more fun leaving your car the way it is and getting involved in your local PCA club autocrosses and driver's eds
Originally Posted by fast951
One point everyone must have missed: the OP is considering track driving.
Starting with a car making lots of power for someone new to the track is not a good idea. It's difficult to learn driving a high powered car and will create many bad habits. The same goes for a car with lots of lag (even with tons of power), it will be a handful to drive and will be slower than a a car with low lag and a linear output powerband.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on 951 Modifications