Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Search failed: Can you connect a second electric oil pressure gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Jeff N.
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Search failed: Can you connect a second electric oil pressure gauge?

I'd like a backup oil pressure gauge as the dash gauge is a bit funky (jumps around - yes, wires tight, calibration unclear etc).

I have a spare VDO electric gauge in the parts bin I'd like to use. Trying to figure out how to connect it.

Lindsey has an adapter but the language is pretty clear that it's setup for a mechanical sender.

I saw a less than clear archive post that suggests you can't get a second electrical sender to fit with the Lindsey setup. I can believe that as it's tight down there.

Any definitive experience or words of advice?

Thanks!

Jeff
Old 02-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Joe Jackson
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My suggestion would be to crawl under the car and eyeball the fitment before ordering that adapter. You can always get another angled adapter to thread into the Lindsey adapter to create more clearance for your electronic sender. www.mcmaster.com has a ton of pipe fittings. Some combination of those should do the trick. You could always attach a hose and mount the sender remotely as well.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm going to use the adapter from Prosport. Haven't installed it yet (as I have yet to install the engine) but preliminary trial fitments showed no issues. May be an option for you. I will be installing an electric gauge.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

The easiest way to do it is to add a sandwich adapter under the oil filter. Easy install and you have a port for an oil temp sender too. The adapter plate raises up the oil filter – which makes it easier to get to for an oil change.

BTW – I have just become a Prosport dealer…I have installed enough of their gauges and I really like them…I am also finishing up a run of gauge panels for the 944 in a couple of different configurations…so fi anybody is interested let me know!

I will post some pics of the gauge panels when they are done – they are just like the one I installed here - https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...eferrerid=1956
Attached Images   
Old 02-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Jeff N.
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK. Thanks everyone. Chris - approximate price for the part?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

$38.99 plus shipping.
The whole Prosport line is extremely reasonable in price and very nice quality.
http://prosportgauges.com/

Quick Reply: Search failed: Can you connect a second electric oil pressure gauge?