Old 01-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Euro951
Any group buy discounts? I see wizard selling the radiator for 999 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RADIA...item2eb037ab06
Maybe Scott (Owner of Wizard) is selling off the rest of the ones he made that don’t fit the stock fan shroud! – look at the pictures earlier in this post of the most current version that will fit the stock fan shroud, its not the same as the Ebay picture.

If you guys get together 5 buyers I will get a better price….if you can find 10 I get a little more leverage and so an even better price!

And yes – it is the same height as a stock radiator, slightly wider but will fit into stock location and a lot thicker. It will fit with the stock pulleys and belts…but nothing extra!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Euro951
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a side note why don't we just buy the standard aluminum radiator from wizard for $500 and then buy a RX-7 cooler locate it below the stock radiator? This way when either fails you can just replace one instead of both.

For $999 my opinion would be to purchase seperate oil / radiator systems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/alumi...item4155e4406e
Old 01-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

There is little to no room under the radiator, even if you don't fit back the lower plate.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:42 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Thom
There is little to no room under the radiator, even if you don't fit back the lower plate.
In actuallity there is several inches below the stock raidator... but if you have ever looked closely, or are lowered you can see that anything mounted below the raidator support is likely to be ripped off the car first speed bump or hard street transition you hit... but as usual YMMV!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
In actuallity there is several inches below the stock raidator... but if you have ever looked closely, or are lowered you can see that anything mounted below the raidator support is likely to be ripped off the car first speed bump or hard street transition you hit... but as usual YMMV!
Ok then, install an RX7 oil cooler below the radiator and come back with pictures to show us how the assembly looks. Since you have a project to get going I'm sure you will have the time to try this, right?
By then we should be able to see who's talking out of their a$$.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Thom
Ok then, install an RX7 oil cooler below the radiator and come back with pictures to show us how the assembly looks. Since you have a project to get going I'm sure you will have the time to try this, right?
By then we should be able to see who's talking out of their a$$.
Umm.. OK, I was agreeing with you.. but.. nevermind.

IF you were to fit an RX7 cooler below the stock radiator, it WILL not only be in a really bad place for cooling the oil, but also in a really good place to get ripped off the car!

Take a deep breath before hitting submit reply... please.. really really please... pretty please with sugar on top...

or perhaps this might work better to get my message accross...

Umm .. OK, j'ai été d'accord avec vous .. mais .. tant pis.

Si vous deviez installer un refroidisseur RX7-dessous du radiateur stock, il ne sera pas seulement dans un endroit vraiment mauvais pour le refroidissement de l'huile, mais aussi dans un très bon endroit pour obtenir arraché la voiture!

Prenez une grande respiration avant de frapper présenter réponse ... s'il vous plaît .. vraiment vraiment s'il vous plaît ... s'il vous plaît assez de sucre sur le dessus ...
Old 01-10-2011, 12:23 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats the group buy sub-total at?
Old 01-10-2011, 12:31 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

Hey guys? Out of respect to Chris, if y'all want to re-engineer the product, can you start your own thread?

Chris has done some cool stuff in support of our cars. If you have questions about the product, all is fair, but some of the suggestions here are, imo, in rather poor taste.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:41 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Ok, I agree. If there is further clarification needed simply send a PM or contact directly.
I'd like to be added to the list, so whats the running total now?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
"tant pis."
Wha da' hell is dat supposta' mean? Sounds pudry bad to me....
Old 01-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Rick Ryhal
Rennlist Member

Hey guys. Count me in for one. Thanks Chris for the work you put into this project. I have a 1986 951 with a S2 block 3.0 liter turbo engine. Just purchased the car. It should be arriving in a day or two, from California. I was told it had a stock 951 oil cooler. Not really sure yet if it has the 951 oil filter/line set up or not.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Chris White
Wha da' hell is dat supposta' mean? Sounds pudry bad to me....
Old 01-10-2011, 03:22 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Euro951
On a side note why don't we just buy the standard aluminum radiator from wizard for $500 and then buy a RX-7 cooler locate it below the stock radiator?
Originally Posted by sh944
Hey guys? Out of respect to Chris, if y'all want to re-engineer the product, can you start your own thread?
Agreed with what sh944 said. Anyway, please let Chris's thread stay on course...
Old 01-10-2011, 04:51 PM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Chris, did you ever get around to installing one with a SFR front mount? I was wondering if you figured there would be any problems with airflow across the oil cooler core at the bottom with the slight angle the SFR intercooler normally sits at? This is something that constantly bugs me about the SFR intercooler..while i have not seen any cooling issues even on the track, it still bugs me that it sits at an angle. Sometime before spring i am going to take the bumper cover off again and start trimming more off to attempt and mount it parallel with the radiator just so the **** retentive side of me is pleased.. =D.

I may be interested in the radiator without the cooler if you could work that into the group buy also. I am going to replace my radiator this winter as its original and i figure only a matter of time before the end tanks go. At $330 for a new OEM radiator i am not all that far off this one. Still trying to decide if i would want the oil cooler however. My original plan was to mount an oil cooler where the stock intercooler was, but i have yet to work out how to route the oil lines in that spot. Not to mention a slightly larger radiator would be nice for if i ever decide to put in a LSx.

Quick Reply: New Aluminum Radiator / Oil Cooler