Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Don't need your opinion the car runs great.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Ballistic-Chapman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sent you pm...
Old 01-18-2010, 03:29 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Mark was probably pretty smart before he got to Queensland and smashed his brain drinking XXXX
Old 01-18-2010, 04:17 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my brake rotors look like that after sitting for one rainy night here in FL.

florida=fail.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:45 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lart951
I just adquire a 90 S2 race car and I am undecided between selling the car as a whole or part the damn thing. The car has the tarett front and rear sway bars, camber plates and bilstein coilovers with hypercoil spring at the front and koni's adjustables at the rear. It does have a LSD S2 tranny and full cage , momo seat, Plexiglas window and also headlight ducts and the right quarter window has the cooling setup for the driver, also a custom instrument cluster, 2 sets of d90's with hoosiers. According to the seller this car wont 2nd place at buttonwillow.

Do I sell the car or do I part it? Your opinion is appreciated.
You knew, when you posted this, that you were damned well going to part it. Just freaking say you have a racing S2 to part or pay the damned sponsorship already.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How about $4k, shipped to my door. Oh, and can you let me know if the AC and cruise is working?

PS - What are you doing with a Camry in your garage? Seems like an odd car amongst the mix. Not sure what it is like in the US, but over here Camry drivers are notorious for sitting 10km/h under the speed limit and are usually driven as either company cars, people that think of cars as whitegoods or old people. (No offence intended).
Old 01-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Lart (Luis), I honestly don't think the car would fetch you six grand. Rotors get rusty all the time, no big as long as you move it once in a while so that the calipers don't seize or something. Same thing with the clutch, actually. But there was a LOT of rust under that hood. If I were looking at a car -- any car -- I would not buy it simply based on the rust issue. If you really want to sell it (I don't recommend parting it out since you probably don't know its history or have its records), clean it up real nice and THEN ask the market. I have been racing for many years and have seen a lot of donor cars. The current condition of your SM doesn't even look to be donor material.

I'm not trying to be cruel, just honest. The LAST thing you want is to sell it to a Rennlister and have them come back later and say what a POS you sold them. Folks should always check out their car before thinking to sell. You don't want it to come back and bite you later.

Another thing . . . saying that the car would not even "place second at Buttonwillow" does nothing to folks who have never been there. Plus, even for folks who have, you did not mention which configuration, lol. So it won't even place second . . .how about third? Fourth? Last? That statement really left plenty to be desired. Yesterday this kid stocking shelves in one of our local grocery stores said, "You'd be surprised how old I really am . . . I'm over 30." I replied, "Yeah, well, so am I, and so are my parents for that matter."

Anywho, that's my advice, whether it means much or not. If you (Lart) are going to continue to post parts, etc., for sale, you will need to become a sponsor. Just thought I should let you know.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Lart - thanks for going out into the elements to take those pictures. I don't know that I've ever seen any shots of those aftermarket sway bars installed. Very shiny! Wonder if the car has larger torsion bars installed?
Old 01-18-2010, 11:22 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Lart, you've got a cross between a GT/prepared and stock class car. Those can be hard to sell because there is work to converting back to stock (i.e. placing the dash) or it will be uncompetitive as a GT/prepared car. I'm speaking specifically about PCA club racing.

With that said, though, there is a lof to work and expense in preparing a car for racing, so by parting the car you throw away all that investment which has some residual value. It has some nice suspension bits to form a race car good base.

My thought: clean it up, try to gather some maint and race history on the car, convert it back to stock, and get a PCA, PBOC, NASA, etc. log book for it. Then slap a ~$10k asking price and be prepared to wait a bit.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

So you are saying that he should spend more than $10k in time and money to make it a PCA legal racer and then try to settle for $10k.....

Some how that must make sense since I have done that more than once....

Originally Posted by jerome951
Lart, you've got a cross between a GT/prepared and stock class car. Those can be hard to sell because there is work to converting back to stock (i.e. placing the dash) or it will be uncompetitive as a GT/prepared car. I'm speaking specifically about PCA club racing.

With that said, though, there is a lof to work and expense in preparing a car for racing, so by parting the car you throw away all that investment which has some residual value. It has some nice suspension bits to form a race car good base.

My thought: clean it up, try to gather some maint and race history on the car, convert it back to stock, and get a PCA, PBOC, NASA, etc. log book for it. Then slap a ~$10k asking price and be prepared to wait a bit.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:21 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Out of respect to the paying sponsors I wont be selling the car on rennlist, nor I will sell the parts here. Bottom line is that is unfair to others guys that part cars and I have already receive one or two warning for selling stuff.

The problem is that I just don't buy any car, believe it or not I my cars are hand picked because I will not, not ever sell junk.

Thank you guy, I will drive the car make some videos and then it will go to the slaughter house.

And lastly I hardly sell on rennlist, 99.9 of my customers email me direct or buy on evilbay.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:21 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ballistic-Chapman
sent you pm...
I will call you shortly
Old 01-18-2010, 01:27 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

here is some history on the car.

http://944thunderhill.blogspot.com/s...&max-results=9
Old 01-18-2010, 07:59 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I took offense* by some of the expert guys claiming the car to be a pile of rust. There is new pictures and a video. As soon as the rain stops I'll take the car for a ride.

The shocks are koni's adjustables with the paragon coilover suspension not bilsteins.

Disclaimer. This car is not for sale nor any part of the vehicle will be sold on this forum.

* offense for lart it means kizzmyazz.
Attached Images           
Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love the get right stick doing double duty as a hood prop.
I think you did good with the purchase.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:15 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love the get right stick doing double duty as a hood prop.
I think you did good with the purchase.

Quick Reply: Don't need your opinion the car runs great.