centerpunch
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 128 Posts

Hmmmm..........
Old 03-07-2010, 06:38 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased their dual light kit, and I'll let you know how bright they are.....we are considering HID bulbs and ballasts though. You can get good HID setups for much less than just a year ago. I'm talking $400 for all four lights.

I was told that their dual light kit is brighter than most anything you can do with the stock units. Mark can chime in here anytime...
Old 03-07-2010, 06:54 PM
60Driver
Instructor

I just installed the GTS conversion kit myself. The lighting is worse; but I aimed my fog lights up a little bit to compensate for the reduction in lighting and i don't have any issues driving in unlit areas.

If you are doing the install yourself, be prepared to devote a weekend to the project.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:59 PM
centerpunch
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 128 Posts

Very helpful, guys. Keep 'em coming!
Old 03-07-2010, 07:10 PM
future
Banned

Here's another satisfied customer.

I have to also say that I never had an issues with the light as far as brightness either.
At least not in built up areas. I don't think I drove in country with them though.
Mate that was the pic I was looking for to post Thanks Patrick

I purchased their dual light kit, and I'll let you know how bright they are.....we are considering HID bulbs and ballasts though. You can get good HID setups for much less than just a year ago. I'm talking $400 for all four lights.

I was told that their dual light kit is brighter than most anything you can do with the stock units. Mark can chime in here anytime...
Thanks George and we are just so pleased that the first kit will be installed on such a befitting build

I will start a new thread on our new Dual GTS headlight kits shortly when we have some better pictures but here a couple for now further down the page. Again like the TRS wing these have also proved to take far longer than we had hoped but the end result and light performance compiled with the light weight which is about the same as our single lens kit. Both lights work in tandem i.e. all on during dip operation and all on during when full beam is applied.

We have not yet tested them with A twin HID kit yet so George really has put his car forward as a genie pig on this one but even in standard form the light performance is very impressive compared to shock and our single lens GTS kit.

George $400 sounds FAR too expensive – we will have to have a chat as we can get sets for about 80 Euros (about $120 USD) and thats for all 4!

As George has already seen we have fitted HID to our 993 headlight conversion for the 968 pic below which is also shortly to be available:

And now for a couple of pics of the new Dual GTS kit ...

Below just the buckets offered up for fitment when we were developing the mounting brackets:

Below is a close up pic of the finished kit however we have not yet painted the edges of the covers hence the red tape but I’m sure you get the idea:

Beni removed the front badge panel shortly after taking the above pic as we are making a new front IC intake badge panel again to be launched shortly but as soon as this is back on the car we will take some proper pictures both day and night – I’ll start a new thread for that

Cheers,
Mark
Old 03-07-2010, 07:17 PM
future
Banned

I just installed the GTS conversion kit myself. The lighting is worse; but I aimed my fog lights up a little bit to compensate for the reduction in lighting and i don't have any issues driving in unlit areas.

If you are doing the install yourself, be prepared to devote a weekend to the project.
Thanks for the comment and you are 100% correct in all you state

The light performance for our single GTS kit is not quite that over the stock round pop-ups mainly due to a little light bend from the covers however this kit was developed more for track application with a view to save significant weight up front.

Again - Yes the kits do take quite some time to fit and the allocation of a weekend is really ideal. First there is the process of stripping down the front of the car (wheel arch liners out, badge panel off, remove light motor, remove light and connector bar) and that is before even starting to install our kit which does involve a little DIY knowledge but we do our best to supply detailed fitting instructions with lots of pictures
Old 03-07-2010, 07:27 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Here's another satisfied customer.

I have to also say that I never had an issues with the light as far as brightness either.
At least not in built up areas. I don't think I drove in country with them though.
Patrick,

Sex on wheels. Great shot. I can envision this one on a good Australian bottle of wine....

I'd buy it just to look at the label!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:59 PM
60Driver
Instructor

Originally Posted by future

Again - Yes the kits do take quite some time to fit and the allocation of a weekend is really ideal. First there is the process of stripping down the front of the car (wheel arch liners out, badge panel off, remove light motor, remove light and connector bar) and that is before even starting to install our kit which does involve a little DIY knowledge but we do our best to supply detailed fitting instructions with lots of pictures
The instructions you sent were great. I've never done any body work before; and with those directions I have to say it came out looking really nice. I'm really happy with the kit.

Quick Reply: Deutsch Nine GTS Headlights