Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Please help: FP reading

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:54 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, I have the lindsey racing adjustable fuel pressure regulator and I set it to 3 bar at idle. So I'm guessing that the fuel pressure is rising even higher under boost, correct?
So now I'll have to start the car and remove the vacuum line to see what it actually rises to?
Old 01-13-2010, 06:00 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by minho78
Correct, I have toperform the last step to see if the pump is faulty. Fuel meter is the lindsey fuel meter. Question If I"m reving the engine to get into boost I should see fuel pressure rising?
Fuel pressure should rise with boost at a rate of 1:1 (1psi boost raises the FP 1psi). How are you monitoring the fuel pressure while driving and making boost? Or are you revving the engine in place?

If revving the engine in place, the chances are that you are not making any boost.

Have you checked the vacuum/pressure line from the manifold to the regulator? If it's leaking under pressure, the fuel pressure will not increase correctly with boost causing a lean condition.
If you are experiencing a lean condition only under WOT and your fuel pressure is fine, I would look at:
- the TPS & KLR. If the DME is not getting the Full Load signal, it will run under the Part Throttle maps, which are leaner than the WOT maps. This can be tested, but it's a bit more involved than checking the fuel pressure.
- Engine Temp sensor - If it's sending the incorrect signal to the DME, the DME will alter the fuel delivery incorrectly.
- Of course AFR readings depend on the instrument you are using to read the AFR. Are the readings correct?
- AFM is sending the incorrect signal to the DME.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:32 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys.
John, Yes I'm reving the engine in place. My fuel gauge is on the rail.My boost Gauge shows me average off 18HG, and sometimes goes up to 24 when I'm cruising in gear. The TPS was replaced 9 months ago and at some point I removed the connector from it and I got the fault code at the test port. I think the Engine temp sensor it's also fine since it makes it rich at start up with an AFR ~10. I'm running a MAF. I wish I had the money now to buy one of your systems. I think I need to shop for a good cheap DME.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:18 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Revving the engine in place is not going to raise boost nor the fuel pressure over 2.5bar. Check all possible causes, don't assume a part is good because it's not old.
Have you cleaned the MAF recently? If it's contaminated, more than likely with oil, it will not read correctly.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:03 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Hi good news. I got the chips that I requested from someone. One of the maps is almost right on. Thanks everybody for trying to help. I really don't want to badmouth Autothority but I will never buy another product from them.
John thank you.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear you got it running right. Sounds like a long story on getting the right chips for the MAF.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:34 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick
Glad to hear you got it running right. SOunds like a long story on the chips..
Brian I had posted before on my Autothority issue. Thankfully someone decided to take the challenge and he got it right. Man I feel much better now since I have replaced pretty much everything on this car and I thought that I could never enjoy it. Finally I can step on the gas and think that I might not blow the HG like it already happened before. Took me two weeks to put this car back together after work .

OOps next thing might be the Fuel Pump.

Rennlisters rule.
Russell Berry. Thank you.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:33 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's great news glad you found the problem and remember.. it's still cold outside!

Quick Reply: Please help: FP reading