944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Damn.. totaled

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 02:13 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the front damage in anyway I see the airbags popped but the front seams to be unharmed. There some nice money parts up there. Sorry for your loss.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:09 AM
Andy1212
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just noticed the familiar license plates. Was the car from oregon? And my condolences about the car, it was always one of my favorites here.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:13 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

What is it with this year???? Hope the new year cuts down on all the 951 carnage.

Sorry to see this and it makes me wonder how fast you were going for that impact, having been through a similar thing of late. Mine wasn't as bad as yours so I wonder what the hell happened. Good to see that you're ok, but make sure you get yourself thoroughly checked out. I still have neck and back issues from my impact.

Damn!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:27 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did the car roll over several times?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:06 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

OH MY GOD! Glad you are ok! Your car was beautiful! I'm very sorry to see this. Cars are replaceable tho, you aren't. Glad you're out and about!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:24 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Like others have said, glad you're alive and well. I remember when I wrecked my S2. So I know your pain. Our cars were fairly alike (well, being red...having AIR splitters and hoop spoilers). I always loved your car from day one. I modeled my S2 after yours. Sad to see it go!

What might your future plans be? Wanting to stay in the Porsche seen? Maybe time for a 968 or a 911? Whatever you do, don't get a 928. I will act like I'd never known of you if you do! lol

P.S...anyone else find it amazing that given the damage to the car, the windshield is still in tact? (cracked, but in tact none the less) Goes to show how solid these cars really are!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Ballistic-Chapman
Burning Brakes

Spencer - inurglr951: Minus the fenders and hood, the front end is still perfect. Engine looked good and didn't appear to be leaking any fluids. Euro fogs good and front bumper good. If you find it at a junkyard, the motor has 135k miles and runs flawlessly. Clock still works also.
I don't have a garage or storage space so buying it back won't be an option. Honestly don't want to invest the time in parting whats left. Will end up being more of a headache than anything else.

333pg333: Not sure on my speed. If i'm feeling "spirited" my front tires start to squeek well before to rear-end starts to loosen up. I have pretty significant understeer and was not driving crazy that day.

drift a 944: car did not roll.

andy1212: This is my mothers car and I just happened to drive it in San Diego a lot.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:26 AM
Ballistic-Chapman
Burning Brakes

Darwin - thanks man. I'm super bummed right now not even the pain meds are helping.

Carbonrevo - thanks. No plans on a 928 lol... they are nice cars though.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:38 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Super Bummed is what I felt too. It was you mother's car?? Once you recover, expect a can of Whuppass!

Sorry, just damn!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:41 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Nah...a mom's love for a child can't be hurt by any misfortune. Now if it was your dad's car...I would be skipping town! lol
Old 12-15-2009, 05:19 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

If you need anything let me know!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry about the car, but you sure came out pretty much unscathed. Now go buy a lottery ticket!

Best wishes for a quick recovery
Old 12-15-2009, 09:02 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Damn another beautiful 951 wrecked. Glad you walked away though with only minor injuries, you must heal fast! Nothing is worse than that sudden release of of grip at the rear end magnified by immovable objects all around you. These cars can take a pretty good hit from what I've seen.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Did anyone really read this post before replying with condolences?? Let’s dissect shall we? (First telltale, his screen name starts with “Ballistic”) Carefully read his post (in black) with my notes (in italics) for emphasis: “Was driving back from the beach last Wednesday (night, after having a few pops at the bar) when I lost control on a corner (because I was showing off.) Must have hit a wet patch and the rear-end came loose (because my entry speed was too fast and I lifted, or I got on the boost in the corner; likely because I was driving either slightly or completely impaired…see his following statement ->) Lost consciousness before impact and don't remember anything. (HOW DOES ONE LOOSE CONSCIOUSNESS BEFORE IMPACT???) Was told I smacked into another car and then skidded off the road. (…WAS “TOLD”??? by the other person in the car? Or, the people he was racing home? Or, the people he was showing of for??) Other people were not hurt. (Thank God! And thank god he only passed out BEFORE he hit anything!) I suffered a nice gash around the eye which required 10 stitches and a lacerated kidney. Was put in the ICU for 3 days until I stopped peeing blood. Body is bruised but i'm doing alright. (+1 and amazed the 20 year old airbags deployed and saved his *** from worse damage). Really loved this car... put a smile on my face every time I went out for a spin. (heh, heh…he said “spin”)

I’m glad no one else was hurt period. I can’t believe everyone on the list is offering condolences to this guy given his own statements!! He’s lucky to be alive and lucky he didn’t kill himself or others. The photos speak volumes…he was traveling fast when he hit if you look at the damage. Textbook example of an inexperienced driver behind the wheel of car he doesn’t know how to drive endangering himself and all around him. He should be ashamed and his story is BS. I do not know ANY 944 driver who has lost control because he hit a “wet patch.” I have NEVER heard of anyone who “lost consciousness before impact” who wasn’t drunk, high or both; unless they had a friggin heart attack! “Ballistic” what really happened?? I for one am glad you are off the road. (Sorry about the car though, looks like it was really nice. I know that sucks.) If you get back in a 951 you better learn how to drive it and do some DE for sure. Someone should send this to his mom so she will know that her kid trashed a perfectly good car and that it wasn't because of a "wet patch."

Glad your not dead kid, but you need a dose of reality. I call BS on your story.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:15 AM
beebone
Racer

The air bag still works!!!!!

Quick Reply: Damn.. totaled