Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

And so it begins... Again... (Re-rebuild pics thread!!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 08:18 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MM951
According to FAR part 92.21 the FAA prohibits electronic devices that could interfere with navigation equipment, but leaves it up to the airline operator to decide what devices fall under that category.

That said, you can't get "arrested" or anything like that... The FAA can't really touch you if you are not a pilot, atc, A&P, etc.

The only reason I know this is because I just had a test in my AV Law class
Which still clears GPS units. They receive a signal, they never transmit (excluding the new ones with Bluetooth etc etc).
Old 10-15-2009, 08:32 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theedge
That about sums it up

Also there for size comparison. I could have used something else, but that would have made this XXX rated.... And made any lurking 928 and 911 owners sob.
Not to mention it would make the Link look HUGE...
Old 10-16-2009, 12:25 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Not to mention it would make the Link look HUGE...
I should have seen that coming.... LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 03:25 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Made a quick mounting plate for my coilpacks yesterday. It looks like crap because it still has the plastic scratch shield stuff on the aluminum.

Four LS2 Truck coilpacks, also known as D585 coils. Still have to do the wiring... Ive got a new ideas for that These coils are used on Silverado Heavy Duties, Hummers (ugh) and other things, very strong output and cheap on ebay. Built in igniters, triggered via a 5 volt signal.

Bolts onto the coolant crossover where the airbox did. Looks tight but has lots of room.

Last pic shows some of a huge order of DR25 type heatshrink, clear heatshrink, and a Raychem molded heatshrink boot... Which was $10 or so I think

Old 11-09-2009, 04:48 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MM951
According to FAR part 92.21 the FAA prohibits electronic devices that could interfere with navigation equipment, but leaves it up to the airline operator to decide what devices fall under that category.

That said, you can't get "arrested" or anything like that... The FAA can't really touch you if you are not a pilot, atc, A&P, etc.

The only reason I know this is because I just had a test in my AV Law class
Apparently TV told me if you have 100 cellphones working at the same time on airplane it would create .01% inference with airplane equipment

Quick Reply: And so it begins... Again... (Re-rebuild pics thread!!)