Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Everyone say goodbye to my car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 11:39 AM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold my 951 for a vette... you'll have fun in the vette, they are a blast and easy to get loads of power from... Fun to drive, but you will still miss the Porsche... I would buy my 951 back if the owner would sell it to me...
I'll be 996TT shopping when I get home though, can't wait.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:52 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I will always miss the new videos of you 951
Old 10-03-2009, 09:50 PM
FASTRNU
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey John,Sh*t happens and we move on,right?Will miss hating your latest mods and trying to keep up with you.That 930 wheel will please someone down the road.Spent the last weekend tearing up Miller Motorsports Park,GoPro camera vids to be posted soon.Don't be a stranger,love your input Later Joel
Old 10-03-2009, 10:46 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ECUdooberhead
I sold my 951 for a vette... you'll have fun in the vette, they are a blast and easy to get loads of power from... Fun to drive, but you will still miss the Porsche... I would buy my 951 back if the owner would sell it to me...
I'll be 996TT shopping when I get home though, can't wait.
So THAT's why you disappeared. haha. Best of luck on the 996tt shopping. Decent examples can be had for about 50k or so but, the maintenance is gonna kill you when you look into it like I did.

At least for me it wasn't economical at this point in my life. Maybe a few more years down the road I could have the finances to afford to properly maintain a new 911 turbo.
Originally Posted by dillon410021
I will always miss the new videos of you 951
This is the last one I ever got to make...

Originally Posted by FASTRNU
Hey John,Sh*t happens and we move on,right?Will miss hating your latest mods and trying to keep up with you.That 930 wheel will please someone down the road.Spent the last weekend tearing up Miller Motorsports Park,GoPro camera vids to be posted soon.Don't be a stranger,love your input Later Joel
I miss you too. Your car is going to be fantastic when you finish it. Thanks so much for the 968 wheel. It was great. Really always liked the painted crest it had on it.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey John, sorry about what happened to your car! Best of luck with whatever you decide to go to next. The new Corvettes are awesome machines and I'm sure you'll make it a beast. If we ever get to meet up, I want a ride!

Old 10-04-2009, 09:57 AM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

whatever happened to Porsche There is No Substitute? You can't substitute it with a vette! you just can't!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:09 AM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You need to make a thread just based on every video of your car. From dyno pulls to late night highway runs!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

i liked the video
Old 10-04-2009, 12:15 PM
blitz951
Pro

John,
I have 2 951's, one was bought new and the other was bought with less that 50k miles, I just could not pass it up. I dont have even one squeak or rattle because the cars I have are in perfect order and never abused. Many people buy these cars and realize the cant afford them and so they start half assing things and destroy them then they change hands a few times then sure they rattle and have problems.
At times I have felt the need for change and looked into buying other newer cars and have had a hard time.
I just couldnt get over the feel of the Z06 as it felt too big and I was trying to see over a long hood. Did not feel natural like the 951. Its a great example of what should be done to a sports car but lacks the feel of a solid European car. The 997 is nice but when you start doing mods on them your looking at a major money pit. Could be a choice when the value drops to half in a few years.
GT3 is an option but will likely be out done by cars costing a fraction of what you pay for it in a few years.
I could not get over the interior on the 996TT.
I even looked at some of cars from Japan, some I did not even get in they were so cheap in quality.
Bottom line, when you find good examples of these cars they are rare and hard to beat but sound like you need a change so you will find something to keep you busy and entertained. Good luck and let us know how things turn out.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:32 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey John, I just thought the GTM was a good choice as even though it's a project, It's a project that you can have built. There are GTM builders on the GTM forums that build them for a living. So you could just order what you want and have it built. Either way, you sounded frustrated with some of the guys on here busting your ***** on the vette. Don't take it personally. At least from me. You've been a standup guy ever since I've known you on here. Do your thing, whatever it is, just keep in touch. And if you ever get out my way, we'll go for a spin. Joe
Old 10-05-2009, 06:01 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Hey John, I just thought the GTM was a good choice as even though it's a project, It's a project that you can have built. There are GTM builders on the GTM forums that build them for a living. So you could just order what you want and have it built. Either way, you sounded frustrated with some of the guys on here busting your ***** on the vette. Don't take it personally. At least from me. You've been a standup guy ever since I've known you on here. Do your thing, whatever it is, just keep in touch. And if you ever get out my way, we'll go for a spin. Joe
You bet Joe. I'm not really frustrated I just knew it would be like that so I try and keep all that stuff to myself. The postings in the thread weren't that bad. Some of the emails, and pm's went a little far.

You'd think I was selling their car. haha. On another note I just took it out for a drive around the back roads near my house today. My god man this thing is quick. The motor is so strong. 6 weeks of sitting and instant 5bar fuel pressure on startup(which wasn't easy due to a dead battery).

I pull out and once the temp gauge is past the 1st mark I flick it in 2nd gear. Head is instantly in the back headrest, car is screaming as I shift to 3rd, BOOM crackle, crackle, woosh. Ahh yes there's that old familar sound of fire. 3rd is just gone in a second. I lift off at 100mph and think to myself. Man I really love this car.

I find myself talking to it. Telling it im sorry for leaving it after all these years and I start to laugh at myself a little. cruising around through the dips, 2nd, 3rd gears lower revs. Crackle, crackle, boom, pop, woosh, woosh, boom. Another turn opens up to a straight away of dead space. Downshift to 3rd and lay into it. Waaaaaaah!! I'm at redline in a few seconds and I just lift. BOOOOM, crackle, crackle. Small children are playing outside on their property. Jumping up and down and waving as pass already having lifted and just cruising at 40mph. Yeah they must have heard me coming for quite sometime.

I see these kids smiling from ear to ear waving at me as I pass and dump the blow off valve at em'. They yell "awesome!!!!". I think to myself. Yeah that's this car is all about. I start talking to her again. Thanking her for never leaving me stranded. Always taking care of me. I tell her the new guy doesn't know much about her yet, and to take it easy on him but, he is a good guy and will return her to full glory.

I try and do my best to hold back the tears as I find myself already back in my driveway. "So soon" I think to myself. I walk around the car for a few minutes admiring that 968 rear end with those wheels and 295 tires. Yeah its safe to say I'm going to miss this car alot. I know Joe will take good care of her and keep in touch with the list with lots of pictures and videos I hope!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:39 PM
2bridges
Drifting

you break it you buy it
Old 10-05-2009, 07:16 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Some of the emails, and pm's went a little far.
Seriously? *sigh*

As a former Corvette owner, I had to give you a little grief... but for the record, it wasn't really serious.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:14 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 2bridges
you break it you buy it
Hey now. She's new and fully tuned. No worries in that department. Just alot of other stuff this car needs.

Could have been you..
Old 10-06-2009, 02:31 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Hey now. She's new and fully tuned. No worries in that department. Just alot of other stuff this car needs.

Could have been you..
Should have been for sure..... we got the medical bills minutes before I called you back to send the $$$. Bills were even less than we anticipated....... I really am cryin my *** off now...... but without knowing if I owed 2k or 20K it was still the right move..... i guess..... fawk!

I was going to run the car in this years sandhills ORR event and really torment you with it.......

fawk me man!!!! ah well.... easy come essy go.

I'll pay $200 over what you sold the car for if you want to screw over Joe

Quick Reply: Everyone say goodbye to my car.