Everyone say goodbye to my car.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 05:30 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Ok, while the C5 and C6 are IMO the best cars GM has ever built... it's still a GM. You'll be tracking down squeaks, rattles, and definitely thuds soon enough. Been there, done that.

Very easy to overlook squeaks, rattles, and thuds though when you've got 400lbft+ of torque under your right foot though.
Hmm the 09' LS3 coupe I drove a few weeks ago was squeak and rattle free.
Originally Posted by Brian Broderick
This C6 might be OK...no squeaks or rattles...but one thud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Twb4I8_-OU
Thankgod im not buying a c5.

I knew the jokes were bound to happen. That's in part why I was keeping the car a secret. You bastards go for the juggler everytime!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I knew the jokes were bound to happen. That's in part why I was keeping the car a secret. You bastards go for the juggler everytime!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:57 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

I'm just pickin'

I've ridden in a few high mileage C5s and have been pretty impressed with how tight they remained. GM really did it right with that chassis.

I beat the daylights out of mine (early '01 C5 Z06) and it was pretty solid. Long tubes, no cats, intake, B&M Ripper, went 11.90s @ 119. 3rd gear let go at 16k miles but the car also lived most of its life 1/4 mile at a time. Usually at 4am down some dark back road. Warrantied the trans (after putting back to stock of course) and traded it in for a Z71 pickup.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:16 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Yeah...because it was an 09.

Seriously though Id drive a C6, good luck with it.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:25 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Van
With the insurance settlement, John had enough to get the supercharger AND this:

Dude, I was on the track behind one of those the other day. It left 2 928's and a Vette in the dust!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

I want to part it, I want to part it, I want to part it, .
Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Ballistic-Chapman
Burning Brakes

damn. really liked your car! Good luck with your next project
Old 09-30-2009, 08:10 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lart951
I want to part it, I want to part it, I want to part it, .
Come get this car Lart!!!! Seriously!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:05 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

John, sorry to see you go. If I can't find a taller ring and pinion for my tranny soon, I may be out too. I'll rebuild it stock with cryo genic treated gears and let her go. But if I do, I wouldn't be caught dead in a vette. Every single guy I see in one is going through a mid life crises or some kind of stupid issue. They're not as cool as us p-car guys. Seriously. The last thing I ever want to be associated with is a guy going through a mid life crises. That's what they're known for.

On that note, you can have all the vettes good points, with supercar looks and performance in this. This is what I'd move to next. Check it out. Only I'd try to put a duramax diesel in it from so-cal diesel. 1200hp and 1500tq getting 25 mpg on biodiesel that I make myself in my garage. I'm a complete diesel convert. They are the next trend in automobiles. Big power and better mpg's. But I digress. Check this car out. Get a wrecked vette for under 6k. A G50 tranny for 3k, this kit, and for under $40k, you have a 2300lb car with supercar looks and performance. Most importantly, it's not a vette. No rattles, leaks, and extremely safe. Bad ***.

http://www.factoryfive.com/gtmhome.html
Old 09-30-2009, 09:48 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
John, sorry to see you go. If I can't find a taller ring and pinion for my tranny soon, I may be out too. I'll rebuild it stock with cryo genic treated gears and let her go. But if I do, I wouldn't be caught dead in a vette. Every single guy I see in one is going through a mid life crises or some kind of stupid issue. They're not as cool as us p-car guys. Seriously. The last thing I ever want to be associated with is a guy going through a mid life crises. That's what they're known for.

On that note, you can have all the vettes good points, with supercar looks and performance in this. This is what I'd move to next. Check it out. Only I'd try to put a duramax diesel in it from so-cal diesel. 1200hp and 1500tq getting 25 mpg on biodiesel that I make myself in my garage. I'm a complete diesel convert. They are the next trend in automobiles. Big power and better mpg's. But I digress. Check this car out. Get a wrecked vette for under 6k. A G50 tranny for 3k, this kit, and for under $40k, you have a 2300lb car with supercar looks and performance. Most importantly, it's not a vette. No rattles, leaks, and extremely safe. Bad ***.

http://www.factoryfive.com/gtmhome.html
That's another project. I'm done with projects. I just want to make my 600 rear wheel drive the **** outta it and not have to worry about it breaking.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

This shouldn't break and I think it throws out flames a lot like the old Pcar. So, 600 RWHP...sure sounds like a vet to me.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:26 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

Well john good luck with that there been soo many good cars go for small problems makes me wanna just take a break from getting in the 944 boards . I have brought cars back from worse problems. Do you have pics of the interior I remember you just redid it so I have some interests there
Old 09-30-2009, 11:40 PM
2bridges
Drifting

I tried to work it out so I could save this car myself....... but could not get it done..........

"BUTCHER - calling the BUTCHER!!!!!" Lart wtf you waiting on Haas? $8K is a steal on this one!

Best of luck with this John, we will miss your contribution around here, but you will have to peek in on us from time to time....... we might even let you get away posting up a little vette ****

I'd be lying if I said I do it differently in your shoes.

Anybody considering picking up this car should know John is a man of integrity. Straight shooter and great to deal with. Best of luck my friend!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:44 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 2bridges
I tried to work it out so I could save this car myself....... but could not get it done..........

"BUTCHER - calling the BUTCHER!!!!!" Lart wtf you waiting on Haas? $8K is a steal on this one!

Best of luck with this John, we will miss your contribution around here, but you will have to peek in on us from time to time....... we might even let you get away posting up a little vette ****

I'd be lying if I said I do it differently in your shoes.

Anybody considering picking up this car should know John is a man of integrity. Straight shooter and great to deal with. Best of luck my friend!

Thankyou Jeremy. I'd like to see this car go to a good home that's going to take care of it but, what the person does with the car after they buy it is up to them. New thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...ake-money.html
Old 10-02-2009, 05:42 PM
OntarioTurbo
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Haven't been here that long, but enjoyed your videos and comments. Too bad about your car, but as my signature says "The joy is in you, not the car". The joy that is inside you and you express through your car will soon find another home. One door closes...another opens. Take care and best of luck.

Quick Reply: Everyone say goodbye to my car.