Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Wiring advice needed for driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 11:00 PM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wiring advice needed for driving lights

I am looking to wire up some driving lights. I bought a set of Euro lights from Paragon. I am not sure the best way to wire up or best source for the lights. I would like to have on all the time, not really looking to wire in a switch. for the fog lights I will use the stock bulbs I guess unless some one reccomends something better.

To power the fog lights I could wire from an aux fuse block that i installed to power some additional electonics I now have two open slot. I could run two seperate power wires from two 25 amp fuse slots. Or I can set up new relay and fuse and run power from the alternator.

What would be the best buld to run as always on driving lights as not to blind people, but I drive ofton on back roads at nite.

Where do I source the connector/ plug to give power to the driving light, which will attach to the housing? Just grab a connector from a doner car?

Thanks
Steve
Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use a load reduction relay set up. Run the lamps off the battery. Basically you are going to connect the load side of the relay to the lamps on one side and the battery on the other. Then on the control side one wire will be ground and the other key on power. Don't use the alt. for power.

Should be very easy to do.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:22 AM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks,

I was not sure how much power would be needed. The set up above is directly wired to the battery via 8 gauge wire. I thought I could run 12 or 14 guage to the driving lights. Since the 75 amp relay is already fused w/80 amp fuse for the Aux block, could I direct power from the fuse block?

I would order just the two 100 watt driving bulbs and 55 w fog bulbs from paragon and run the two power wires from the block to it and then just ground wires to the body?

Are the 100w driving lights to bright to leave on all the time, or are there say a lower wattage or kinder color. What options for driving and fog lights Do I have that will fit the Euro lens?

Thanks
Steve

Quick Reply: Wiring advice needed for driving lights