Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

gears

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 05:29 PM
DANNiE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG! That is Sexy..! I can just hear my girlfriend calling me stupid and that I need to marry my car..!

Those gears are just so pretty..!

Id love to get a 6-speed going; Does that kit upgrade the 5-speed box to 6..?

at this point I just want to go to the Junk yard and pull the rear case cover and take out the longer 5th gear set... I found a website with the exploded view of the tranny gears and it seems I need quite a few different gear parts to convert the 5th gear... Im not so worried about the R&P at this point mine is fine; just the 5th gear would be nice... If I can find the .600 5th gear out of the 924 that would be sweet..! But ill settle for .730...

What i need to know is exactly what parts I need to pull to get all the right parts for the 5th gear swap..?

If anyone knows just put some arrows on a picture like the one above and ill do the rest...
Old 09-17-2009, 10:00 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is just way too much to be spending on a tranny even the one in my 930 was around the 12k mark holding in the realm of 800hp (751.50) at the wheels and yet I still blow out reverse( guide fork)!! Like I said before you are just moving the weak spot all around your car you just can't "beef" parts of the car up without a goal in mind the whole car needs be in-sink with one another and then you will have a great car. The biggest and baddest of each area of the car engine /tranny/drive train does not make the best car because it may not work well together. If you are a porsche 944 series racer and run for money I see if feasible other then that it's just too much in your pocket you wanna get ride of threw it this way . The most I see you people needing is a Quife gear in place if the stock center and you will be fine for what you are putting down.

Quick Reply: gears