Well its wrecked...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 12:20 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MM951
Sucks John, at least now insurance will pay for what you wanted.

FWIW, I have an AIR vented nose panel I got in trade for a 931 nose panel ()
If its in good condition I'll take it.

If anyone has euro fogs, clear indicator lenses, front bumper, and even the headlight covers let me know.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:43 PM
944obscene
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, sorry to hear about that. I can't tell you how many times I've had to swerve out of people's way due to someone darting out in front of me, or blatently driving slow and turning themselves into an obstical.

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE:

Is it just me, or does this kind of thing tend to happen more when you're driving your 944??? I can be in my Saturn and no one pays me any mind (harrassing me on the road, and such) and I don't usually run into idiots who drive poorly... BUT as soon as I hop in the Porsche, it's like somoene turns the Moron Magnet on, and I'm dodging people who like to cut me off, or have people giving me the bird for no reason!!! Not to mention old people pulling out of Denny's at .657mph like their car is gonna blow off the road if they ever find the skinny pedal on the right!
Old 08-30-2009, 02:00 PM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

well. being low to the ground (mine is lowered) in our cars makes it harder see it idiots ahead of the person in front of you. because of this, in a busy city like toronto i drive pretty damn slow otherwise your gonna drive straight into an idiot who decided to not use the blinker or changed his/her mind on where they are going in a rush at the last minute. outside of the city, you don't have to worry about that stuff, you just drive like normal and so does everyone else.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:04 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

John

Just saw this...sorry !!

Are you still in NJ? If so, give ROCS Auto a call in belleville...ask for Rich and tell him I told you to call.

I was just talking to him about who he uses for his Porsche and Rolls customers...he's got a few good shops.

If you are in NJ and need a hand, shoot me a PM...

best

Joe
Old 08-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Bummer, John! Sorry to hear about that. I did that once (but I was driving a volvo 240 DL wagon).

The shop that Tommy uses for collision (I'd have to look up the name - but it's right down the street to him) did my frame work. Top notch. The frame machine technician is an old sports car racer, so he takes pride in his work.

The bill might shock you... It was $2k for them to just pull the rear of the car over about 3/4". That job had no disassembly - and even no welding. Just put it on the rack, and pull.

You might get a quote for like $10k - in which case the insurance company might try to scrap it.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:52 PM
carlege
Drifting

Glad your alright.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:54 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Van
Bummer, John! Sorry to hear about that. I did that once (but I was driving a volvo 240 DL wagon).

The shop that Tommy uses for collision (I'd have to look up the name - but it's right down the street to him) did my frame work. Top notch. The frame machine technician is an old sports car racer, so he takes pride in his work.

The bill might shock you... It was $2k for them to just pull the rear of the car over about 3/4". That job had no disassembly - and even no welding. Just put it on the rack, and pull.

You might get a quote for like $10k - in which case the insurance company might try to scrap it.
Is the place called econo collision or something like that?? If thats the case what do you recomend I do? I'll try and pile my receipts together for the car. I still haven't recieved my receipts from Gabe on my motor work and install.

I have spent 30k on the car in the past 2 years. If they try and scrap it and write me a check for 9k or something like that we are in trouble.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Yes, it's called Cimorelli's Econo Collision Center.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Ballistic-Chapman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear Should look killer after it's repaired!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:41 AM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

you know' this dude spends some serious money on his 951' i have a lot of respect for that. Transmission broke? hmph. better get it rebuilt. Smashed the frontend? hmph. 968 conversion ? ... most people would just part it out. Good for you, keep that son of bitch -- why? because guess what I bet your emotionally attached! I know I am. Let this show to anyone who just let go and part their car for $$$.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:48 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

John, Sorry to see this happen to your car. However, knowing you, by the time you are done, it will be 10x better.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:44 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear this happened to you we have tons of morons out here that apparently don't understand what that funny shaped sign with the letters STOP, on it mean!

Hope you get it back on the road soon.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:31 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Van
Yes, it's called Cimorelli's Econo Collision Center.
Yup thats the one. I went by there today and drove the car over from Advanced. Met the guy there named John(nice name). He says he can make it perfect and better than it was new. After talking over the car with him and telling him just how special it is to me I believe he understands and will do the very best job. I'm confident that the car will be perfect or better than when its all said and done.

Thanks as always for the recommendations Van. Your input is greatly appreciated.
Originally Posted by Ballistic-Chapman
Sorry to hear Should look killer after it's repaired!
Yes I was going to do this anyways so now it looks like its going to happen sooner rather than later.
Originally Posted by sebastian944
you know' this dude spends some serious money on his 951' i have a lot of respect for that. Transmission broke? hmph. better get it rebuilt. Smashed the frontend? hmph. 968 conversion ? ... most people would just part it out. Good for you, keep that son of bitch -- why? because guess what I bet your emotionally attached! I know I am. Let this show to anyone who just let go and part their car for $$$.
Yes I'm a addict. I will admit that.
Originally Posted by fast951
John, Sorry to see this happen to your car. However, knowing you, by the time you are done, it will be 10x better.
Thanks John. Your products on my car perform flawlessly. I couldn't be more pleased with what Vitesse has done with it. I figure at the very least. Euro fogs, clear lenses, vented nose, some new 968 mirrors, and 3m clear bra treatment with touch ups around the car as I see fit to make it 100%.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:06 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn. Sorry John. Now would be a good time to step up to those HID headlights from....which vendor was it? I'm sure you know what I mean. Like on Patricks car, only the HID versions. That would look awesome. Hope things go smoothly for you.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:15 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Damn John, sorry to hear that. But I'm happy to hear you are ok. Well, just think of it as an ongoing project car, and I'm sure it will be better than before. Just remember patience is a virtue....

Quick Reply: Well its wrecked...