Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

AC Evap Q

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009 | 08:18 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Default AC Evap Q

Does teh dash have to come out to change out the evaporator? I am on the cusp of ordering all new AC bits, and have a bad evap...

Too hot to drive without AC... I'm a business man for c-sake.... commute 75 miles each way, and as much as I enjoy driving the 951, I can't arrive at work looking like I just took a shower...
Old 08-18-2009 | 09:41 AM
geartech
Track Day

sorry to say but the dash has to come out to remove the a/c plenum box. then you have to disassemble the plenum box to put the evap in.
weekend job if you have some mechanical skills and the tools
Old 08-18-2009 | 10:42 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Thanks that's what I was affraid I was going to hear... adding it to the list.. Car is down waiting for parts..... who knows when that will resolve, waiting to put her back together, and is getting torn down this winter (maybe) if tear down happens this winter, I will be pulling the dash then for leather recover, and will hit the AC bits then.... damn I was hoping to get off easy.. oh well...

Thanks for the reply
Old 08-18-2009 | 11:38 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

john, word of advice for someone who has pulled his dash many times

be careful with the a-pillar trim! it will crack easily if you dont remove it right! ask me how i know
Old 08-18-2009 | 11:47 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

John, why is it that you think the evap is bad?
Old 08-18-2009 | 11:50 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
john, word of advice for someone who has pulled his dash many times

be careful with the a-pillar trim! it will crack easily if you dont remove it right! ask me how i know
Thanks, hopefuly I will only have to do it once.. I'll pull it all apart, replace everything while in there, and a couple months later part the car cause I won't remember where it all goes ...

I plan on tearing the car apart this winter for...
Engine refresh / build
drive train maintenance
full respray
new body bits (grafted 968 rocker panels, new spoiler) before respray
dash recover (rest of interior is 95%... need to re-dye / paint seats)
AC evap replacement, heater core replacement while in there
New stereo
New firewall forward harnesses

I have already done suspension, brakes, wheels, tires, electrical bits... basic maintenance.. now for some go fast and beauty points... I'm aiming for 400+HP 9 point car to use for my daily commute / fun track days / DE? ..

I prefer one of a kind, to be mine with my taste in mind (hence I have a set of decals to go on after paint) and am going for one of a kind rocker panel finish with a spoiler I have only seen on one other car... who knows what will end up happening, but I am getting my ducks in a row to make it happen in the event I get a contract continuation..else I will need to find a new home prior to beginning the fun...

Quick Reply: AC Evap Q