Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

LR MBC

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:33 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LR MBC

Clockwise for - counter clockwise for +? isn't this opposite from the markings on the ****? their site reads clockwise for -, but during install I turned it full counterclockwise... should I turn it the other way before tuning runs?
Old 07-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

it depends on how you hooked up the hoses, it can operate backwards if the hoses are flipped
Old 07-12-2009, 11:45 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

I connected it per their diagram, arrow points to the WG..
Old 07-12-2009, 12:00 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

What does you Zeitronix tell you that you are getting at max boost?
Old 07-12-2009, 12:04 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Haven't run it yet... will go out this afternoon and give it a go... I was planning on setting the MBC to the lowest setting, and going up from there, but I guess I can just wing it... I believe it is set to maximum right now for the stock WG, I'm still holding out for a nice shiny MV-S bolt on solution someone was working on...
Old 07-12-2009, 12:19 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

GO EASY! At this point you have no idea how much boost pressure you will put on the HG. You can push the side button and see the max boost, for the enire run.
The problem is not blowing the engine before you get that.
Logically all the way right SHOULD close the valve/MBC. Same thing. Metering from zero up is the crucial part.

Keep in mind that + means MORE boost, thus counter clockwise/left/open valve. Right means closed/restricted valve. Righty tighty etc.
Go full right and turn the valve left from there. I believe you should always start at zero.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:53 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ehall
GO EASY! At this point you have no idea how much boost pressure you will put on the HG. You can push the side button and see the max boost, for the enire run.
The problem is not blowing the engine before you get that.
Logically all the way right SHOULD close the valve/MBC. Same thing. Metering from zero up is the crucial part.

Keep in mind that + means MORE boost, thus counter clockwise/left/open valve. Right means closed/restricted valve. Righty tighty etc.
Go full right and turn the valve left from there. I believe you should always start at zero.
+1, that was exactly my thinking going forward... good advice thanks..
Old 07-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Andy1212
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you have a single port wastegate then the mbc works opposite of the arrows.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:49 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

I have figured out that the supplied valve has 3 outlets but only 1 inlet?

If you have the elbows on 2 inlets you will see 4 lbs boost ONLY.. as only one of the ports on the valve has an arrow marking it as an outlet, my intuition told me 3 inlets 1 outlet (marked) not so....

I now have it correctly configured but a thunderstorm prevents me from re-installing it and running... GRRRR... Damn the weather

Last edited by JohnKoaWood; 07-14-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: remove flaming rage
Old 07-12-2009, 10:29 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Do you have the stock wastegate or aftermarket?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:52 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

unlock it and spin it all the way OUT - or CCW. Then lock it back down. Should be least amt of boost. Always make sure you lock it back down after you adjust it or you'll have MAX boost.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:07 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by xsboost90
unlock it and spin it all the way OUT - or CCW. Then lock it back down. Should be least amt of boost. Always make sure you lock it back down after you adjust it or you'll have MAX boost.
I currently have it set right at the edge of being closed, it still free flows air (blowing into the inlet port) but will begin to raise boost as soon as I can get it put back in tomorrow and start test runs...

Originally Posted by MM951
Do you have the stock wastegate or aftermarket?
Stock WG for the time being... I'm holding out for a popular vendor to offer a new solution... (Dave if you're reading this I still want a price for the MV-S, all the other 38-40mm options are HUGE in comparrison)...
Old 07-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

John. Sorry about your frustration. The included instructions do happen to show the locations of the plugs and fittings on the MBC. Not sure how you missed that.

MBC on single port works opposite that of a dual port. That's in our tech garage on the web site
for MBC plumbing.

Next time, give us a call or e-mail and we can send you to the appropriate information or point you
in the right direction.
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 07-14-2009, 01:08 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

I got it sorted... and adjusted holding 13PSI, I think it was my urgency with getting it installed and assumption of the port functions, I located the valve in my glovebox, and have it tucked over to the left hand side with the elbows at 90 degrees to each other, with them opposite each other the right hand elbow protruded a little far into the rest of the glovebox to suit my taste, but I am a little picky (I have trimed other off the shelf parts to suit me, and have made my own gauges as there are none in the market place that I felt suited me)

Sorry if I come across as flaming, I have been happy with all my products I have gotten from you guys, but felt irked when the valve first did nothing (I had both elbows hooked into the discharge ports, not knowing the only inlet port was directly across from the port marked with the arrow, I now have the arrow port plugged).. I recommend the Solid trans mount to every one who asks, as well as any other products I have gotten from you guys...

Quick Reply: LR MBC