Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Traction control ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 01:34 PM
thingo
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's not unusual to use boost as part of the traction control, the ecu uses whatever it controls to get the best result.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes boost would IMHO be better to use instead of throttle to control traction.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:37 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

I'm probably not explaining myself very well. The object of this thread is a fact finding mission or info gathering. I don't have any preconceived idea as how to best attack this issue so I'm not wed to any plan as such. I'm sure that the tuners and mechanics that are involved will have more of a plan but we haven't really gotten into this yet so I'm just wondering out loud. I do appreciate all your comments and am taking them on board. Keep them coming as far as I'm concerned. That's what these forums are for and I'm glad that we also covered off briefly the spring rate thing as I've not seen such differing rates before so that gets you thinking as well.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:53 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boost per TPS is tried and proven by several programmable ecu's makers it was the naturual develop meant after anti lag they found with antilag the turbo would still be spinning like hell on lift off and as one tried to roll on the throttle at the apex wallop all the boost as there instantly ..
e throttles do control boost any how ... in directly so you will find the traction control on an factory car with e throttle is reducing the boost ... with appropriate turbo sizing an advanced e throttle controller make a waste gate redundant ...
I am a big believer in fly by wire it makes a lot of sense as it takes care of cruse control idle control traction control and maybe boost control at some stage ..

and i still think very basic 2 or 3 stage boost set up with micro switches on the throttle would get you very close and is realy the best way forward without the ecu
Old 07-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Patrick I know you're working with some talented people. I'm happy you're open minded about this and want to discuss it here as well because personally I find it very interesting.
But I hope this isn't what holds your engine back from being in your car. I think it would be almost vital input to a project like this having run the engine in the car at the track so you know for a fact how much trouble the traction will be, and how much of it you can modulate yourself by using the throttle.

Oh and I'd like to thank you for initiating and funding these crazy projects - your findings is something we all can benefit from
Old 07-12-2009, 07:07 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know its not keeping the engine out of the car...
Old 07-14-2009, 09:13 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know about the G4, and I have not done it yet but Mega squirt does RPM or ABS based traction control.

Quick Reply: Traction control ???