Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

epic side exit exhaust dreams

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 02:33 AM
globalmike
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default epic side exit exhaust dreams

So I am going to start and update this thread on a custom 3” exhaust. My plan is to route a side exit just before the rear axel. I have already pulled the original exhaust and tacked together some parts together. I will be running a borla exhaust without a cat (but have it easily installable)

I am also installing a new tial waistgate that will dump directly to the exhaust. Check out the pick of the parts.

I have a few questions:
How critical is the crushed portion of the stock exhaust, the one I built is looking low to the road. I will attach a few pics of the pipe installed to the car. I might have to crush the 3” pipe for the proper amount of ground clearance.

PS I am also going to start another tread with my Vitesse stage 3 system in a few weeks.

pss i cant figure out how to upload pics
Old 06-17-2009, 04:09 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not come out behind the front wheel? much easier
Old 06-17-2009, 04:15 AM
eniac
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since your not a member you will need to upload pic to a free hosting site such as imageshack, photobucket, or webshots then use the insert image code with the link from the site to make the pic show up.

Originally Posted by globalmike
So I am going to start and update this thread on a custom 3” exhaust. My plan is to route a side exit just before the rear axel. I have already pulled the original exhaust and tacked together some parts together. I will be running a borla exhaust without a cat (but have it easily installable)

I am also installing a new tial waistgate that will dump directly to the exhaust. Check out the pick of the parts.

I have a few questions:
How critical is the crushed portion of the stock exhaust, the one I built is looking low to the road. I will attach a few pics of the pipe installed to the car. I might have to crush the 3” pipe for the proper amount of ground clearance.

PS I am also going to start another tread with my Vitesse stage 3 system in a few weeks.

pss i cant figure out how to upload pics
Old 06-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

You need to look up "boom tubes" and find the answer to your dream....
Old 06-17-2009, 12:49 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 504 Posts

could put some rocker panels on the car and cut a hole in the ds one for the pipe to exit

Quick Reply: epic side exit exhaust dreams