What happened to Patrick (CPR)?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:09 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Your office was able to send him legal documents to the hospital. Seems to me you are able to reach him just fine.
No crap! Apparently they are able to send docs to hospitals, but not read their own mail.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:13 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
porshhhh951

Please recall, that IB Advertising made a mistake which I promptly corrected. They were new to this community and some policies that made sense elsewhere were inappropriate to Rennlist. I can't speak to the CPR issue, but I admit I am curious about sending papers to the hospital!
Bob,

You're a Rennlister, and have always been a very classy one at that. Rest assured, though you are taking heat, for a company that doesn't deserve your loyalty, the anger and frustration is ultimately focused on
IB.
They are destroying this place.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:21 PM
fastmover
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Fellow members, here's my best guess on the situation. It's just a guess, but what do I know?

It's quite simple really, IB see's CPR's traffic increasing, D9 increasing etc.. assumes the extra traffic means increased sales, then decide to pull a Don King and double, then triple the rates of a sponsorship contract, because they want a larger piece of the pie. They then coerce small hobby companies into the higher rates by threatining to ban said company and embarass them by putting up banned for financial reasons on thier titles and drag them through the mud. Then tell's them it's o.k. just pass the savings on to the customers (rennlist members).

otherwise, you will do this or we will ban you, slander you and wrap you in lible, because small business sponsorship is not fiscally feasible for IB right now and we are not going to do it, have a nice day.

If I get banned for this, its been nice untill now.

Semper fi
Old 06-11-2009, 09:21 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by future
Yes John got banned for this which I only found out about at a later date - very long story but IB thought that John was an agent for ours in the US ... How wrong were they

John, Our TRS V2 wing NEARLY complete and looks plus performs fantastic mate so I'll update shortly
ROFL! Yep, we're all secret agents for nefarious companies. That would be hilariously comical if some people didn't actually believe that to be true. RL has become the Twilight Zone.

Booga Booga!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:23 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by fastmover
Fellow members, here's my best guess on the situation. It's just a guess, but what do I know?

It's quite simple really, IB see's CPR's traffic increasing, D9 increasing etc.. assumes the extra traffic means increased sales, then decide to pull a Don King and double, then triple the rates of a sponsorship contract, because they want a larger piece of the pie. They then coerce small hobby companies into the higher rates by threatining to ban said company and embarass them by putting up banned for financial reasons on thier titles and drag them through the mud. Then tell's them it's o.k. just pass the savings on to the customers (rennlist members).

otherwise, you will do this or we will ban you, slander you and wrap you in lible, because small business sponsorship is not fiscally feasible for IB right now and we are not going to do it, have a nice day.

Semper fi
Rogfht behind ya, Devildog. Semper Fi, brother!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:27 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmover

Semper fi
The day IB starts making martyrs this site will be done, officially.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:31 PM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unbelievably classless on your part and that of your company.
Well said Elliot mate ... I know I posted some wrong things about you "when I was drunk" might I add regarding my rant with Patrick many months ago and should HAVE PM'ed you to say sorry but now is a time to say it in public mate.

Elliot I have NO beef with you what so ever and sincerely apologies for my ridicules comments I made in the past! Yourself like Patrick are a stand up guys and as such highly respected member of RL which we all love you for so when I next come over to the US you can smack me in the face mate and I will get down and kiss your feet as long as you're not wearing Gandy's flip flops LOL

IB - I hope that you read this thread and respect the friendship and humor we all share and do the very right thing by Patrick who we all REALLY miss and wish the very best to.

Patrick mate - we all want you back and will do what we can to ensure such

Last edited by future; 06-11-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:37 PM
future
Banned

ROFL! Yep, we're all secret agents for nefarious companies. That would be hilariously comical if some people didn't actually believe that to be true. RL has become the Twilight Zone.
Unfortunantly its very true mate and I was MORE than shocked to be told this over the phone
Old 06-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 581 Likes on 255 Posts

Adrian, you are a complete POS and so is your company. Patrick was lying in hospital with a broken f-ing back & you had legal papers served to him.

As expressed above, I truly believe that Bob and the other Rennlist superiors have the best intentions at heart, so I can only hope that they collectively re-think their advertising watchdog selection.

This is a very sad and disheartening situation.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:19 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's renewal time for me, I have been a paying Rennlist member since before it was Rennlist, not so sure I will continue..........
Old 06-11-2009, 10:32 PM
future
Banned

As David points out ... IB PLEASE do the right think ASAP and rectify this matter
Old 06-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

CPR's account has been reinstated by Adrian. As I said before, he is a class act and a real part of this community. The advertising department, maybe not so much, but that's changing.

A lot of the speculation in this thread and a few of the alleged facts are wrong. I won't go into details. None of us should be discussing any aspect of this in public. Adrian and Patrick will work this out in due time.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2009, 10:40 PM
eniac
Drifting

Let's not forget this is mainly a simple forum. Give me 20 minutes and I could set up a free vBulletin forum identicle in look and layout to this one and not charge members or "sponsors" a single dime. I even have resourses to host a high traffic forum that wouldn't cost a dime.

Sure IB now owns Rennlist and is out looking for profit, of course that's expected but when a company tries to get that profity in every possible way they can, regardless of the user, users leave.

There are 3 main ways to get profit from an open source forum.
1. Sell advertising (banner ads).
2. Charge a premuim membership fee.
3. Charge a site sponser fee for any companies selling items as a main source of income or for profit.

IB does all three of these and does so with an iron fist. This forum could run fine on any one of those and still make a profit. It is disgusting that they are charging us to have a community since the only thing IB is doing is hurting us. the owners, the consumers, the community. IB needs to realize that without us, there is no Rennlist and thus no profit. I want to see guys with great talents make some parts for my car that are not availible elsewhere or from any of the site sponsors. This is not an option for RL, you get banned or have to pay a hefty fee that no one making some parts as a side job should have to pay.

IB also needs to remember or learn the first reason of having a business, starting one, or buying one...

...and that is to provide a service to better the community. If you are in business for any other reason then well, when your business fails at least you know IB might hire ya if they are still around.

I do run a forum that I set up for my friends and it's is completely free to me and based off this same free vBulletin code. Although I don't have nearly that many friends, testing has shown my server is capable of handling over 10,000 users logged in at one time. It doesn't even blink at that number. I really fail to see what eats up all the money IB makes from this site.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 PM
eniac
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
CPR's account has been reinstated by Adrian. As I said before, he is a class act and a real part of this community. The advertising department, maybe not so much, but that's changing.

A lot of the speculation in this thread and a few of the alleged facts are wrong. I won't go into details. None of us should be discussing any aspect of this in public. Adrian and Patrick will work this out in due time.

Thanks
That's good news and great on your part for willingly being a sort of liason between us and IB. You are vital to keeping Rennlist alive during this time.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:57 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Wow what a thread! I hope Patrick gets better soon, as he has been a professional, stand up guy, and a great Sponsor to our small community. I am in complete shock of the things that have been posted here. Anyway, get better Patrick!

Quick Reply: What happened to Patrick (CPR)?