Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 07:06 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
porshhhh951

Please recall, that IB Advertising made a mistake which I promptly corrected. They were new to this community and some policies that made sense elsewhere were inappropriate to Rennlist. I can't speak to the CPR issue, but I admit I am curious about sending papers to the hospital!
Bob you handled that situation after THEY screwed up. You then apologized(as if you had anything to apologize for??) and corrected everything. I to date never recieved any notification from IB.

IB advertising is a joke. They are not honoring even the remaining John D contracts much less trying to come up with some sort of option for these guys. Between Patrick, D9, the ads, the lifetime bans without notification, the poor mismanagement of our forum and its functions its alot.

I have zero problem with you or even Adrian. Its the advertising department that combs these forums creating problems.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:12 PM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Patrick we are all behind you mate

I had (seperate to that post) sent him a further e-mail, I hope he or one of his employee's responds.
If anyone has any contact with him, if you can pass on that if he could just give us a call thats all we would like and we can work something out with him

Thanks
Hi Adrian

Please understand that we all hit upon misfortune at some time in our life and in this case it is our very good friend Patrick of CPR – a much respected contributor to Rennlist over the years

You are fully aware that we (Deutsch Nine) experienced a similar problem with yourselves regarding Sponsorship with IB and we were FAR from happy with the way your company handled maters but I do understand that you like ourselves and Patrick's company, your company, IB are here to make money and there is nothing wrong with that if the business intentions are in the favour of the loyal paying supporters of your company Rennlist.

Patrick has demonstrated to be a most worth contributor and product developer which is demonstrated in his skill set and the products he has produced which are quite simply fantastic. Yes CPR and D9 have come to blows in the past but as gentlemen we sorted out our differences and continue to support each other and are very good friends which was resolved in a personal manor which might I add Patrick made the first move much credit to himself.

Patrick’s company CPR like our company Deutsch Nine are only small companies run as hobby businesses and many of the products we both produce allow for very little profit and in many cases once discount to Rennlist members equates simply to none (yes CPR like ourselves offer substantial discount to RL members).

CPR like ourselves are not RUF, Gemballa or Techart’s of the world, we are enthusiasts who want to keep the cars we love going with new products for everybody to enjoy.

Trust me even though some very understandable harsh comments have been posted regarding this matter (and we all understand there are 2 sides to every story), nobody wants to leave Rennlist as this is a community of friendship where we all share our experiences be it on the race track or as DD drivers.

Let me advise you, the vast majority of owners of 944 Turbo’s and the N/A 944’s are Uni and college undergraduates who have VERY tight budgets which both CPR and ourselves respect and do everything we can to offer fair priced products everybody can afford but ultimately this is at the expense of our companies who develop the products.

As Rennlist sponsors we do this as small companies for various factors:

1. We have the skill set and resources to do so outside of our main work commitments
2. We share a huge passion for the cars we love which in this case is the Porsche 944 Turbo
3. We hugely enjoy seeing other members pleasure they get from the ownership of their Porsche’s and simply love to hear of their cars developments
4. One day we wish to compete amongst the big three in which case we can then afford to commit more of our budget to Rennlist as we only want to give back what we take and we highly respect Rennlist which you own and the pleasures and international connections it brings

Adrian, I’m sure that you feel as if you have several sniper rifles pointing at you currently but you can easily turn this around.

I suggest that you remove the ban from Patrick (CPR) so that he can have his say in the matter not to discredit IB or yourself, but as a way we can all put closure to this matter as quickly as possible.

I would invite you to send me a quick PM as we are more than happy to help our good friend Patrick out and will settle all monies owned to IB as long as you reinstate Patrick as a member until he recovers and is in a position to sponsor RL again.

Patrick is in a very bad way at the moment which nobody would wish on their worst enemy and it will probably be some time until he is fit to continue further new developments and if this is the regrettable case then we would all like to see him cheered up knowing that he can still contribute and participate on Rennlist.

To this effect, and a message to all RL members can we drop the justified comments to IB and focus on Patricks return to good health.

Kind regards,
Mark
Old 06-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Porshhhh951 - I am working with Adrian to find a way to fix the problem. There is a disconnect between advertising and the guy who manages this community. I apologized for their mistake in your case (I fixed several in fact) because I was embarrassed by it. My point is that when mistakes are made, IB has been good about correcting them. They should not be made in the first place, but I'd prefer that you hold your anger and let the mods beat up the guilty parties and make things right.

I hope Adrian will be given the authority to manage these matters. We can count on him to do things the right way. He cares about us.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:20 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Porshhhh951 - I am working with Adrian to find a way to fix the problem. There is a disconnect between advertising and the guy who manages this community. I apologized for their mistake in your case (I fixed several in fact) because I was embarrassed by it. My point is that when mistakes are made, IB has been good about correcting them. They should not be made in the first place, but I'd prefer that you hold your anger and let the mods beat up the guilty parties and make things right.

I hope Adrian will be given the authority to manage these matters. We can count on him to do things the right way. He cares about us.
I completely agree Bob. With respect to you and others who work hard on trying to manage this community I'll bite my tongue. You have nothing to apologize for Bob. Its people like you who are like glue holding this community(or whats left of it) together.

All the best
Old 06-11-2009, 07:27 PM
future
Banned

Thanks Bob this is a step in the RIGHT direction so please lets keep it on that path.

I completely agree bob. With respect to you and others who work hard on trying to manage this community I'll bite my tongue. You have nothing to apologize for Bob. Its people like you who are like glue holding this community(or whats left of it) together.
Hi John

I know you got tied up in our D9 problems with IB so lets trust that Rob and Adrian will put matter right with Patrick. If it hadn't been for you we would have never known that you got banned for setting up a group buy for our new TRS wing which initially we didn't know about - Much respect to you mate

Best regards,
Mark
Old 06-11-2009, 07:31 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by future
Thanks Bob this is a step in the RIGHT direction so please lets keep it on that path.

Hi John

I know you got tied up in our D9 problems with IB so lets trust that Rob and Adrian will put matter right with Patrick. If it hadn't been for you we would have never known that you got banned for setting up a group buy for our new TRS wing which initially we didn't know about - Much respect to you mate

Best regards,
Mark
Cheers Mark. No worries man. No go to the thread and give us all an update.

I've been without my car now for two weeks and it looks like it won't be running again until im on my cruise in late June. Argggghhhh! I'm hoping that the wing will be completed and ready for mounting sometime after that
Old 06-11-2009, 07:36 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

****ing IB never fails...
Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

If it hadn't been for you we would have never known that you got banned for setting up a group buy for our new TRS wing which initially we didn't know about - Much respect to you mate
John,

Did I read that right? You got banned for creating a group buy for members with two (at that time) sponsoring companies? I hope I'm mis-interpreting the post. Please set the record straight if that's not what happened.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:46 PM
future
Banned

John,

Did I read that right? You got banned for creating a group buy for members with two (at that time) sponsoring companies? I hope I'm mis-interpreting the post. Please set the record straight if that's not what happened.
Yes John got banned for this which I only found out about at a later date - very long story but IB thought that John was an agent for ours in the US ... How wrong were they

John, Our TRS V2 wing NEARLY complete and looks plus performs fantastic mate so I'll update shortly
Old 06-11-2009, 07:48 PM
future
Banned

****ing IB never fails...
Probably OWNED by Putin LOL
Old 06-11-2009, 07:50 PM
bigdeano
Burning Brakes

Yes John got banned for this which I only found out about at a later date - very long story but IB thought that John was an agent for ours in the US ... How wrong were they

John, Our TRS V2 wing NEARLY complete and looks plus performs fantastic mate so I'll update shortly
Ah yes, D9 and the other small business sponsors are like the SPECTR of the 951 world, sending out secret agents to setup huge worldwide conspiracies to make eleven zillion dollars and take over the world, and IB likes to think they're Bond, James Bond, helping all of us who own a 951 by stopping such terrible travesties such as group buys from happening...

Sign me up to be a secret agent John!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:53 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Last person off the ship please turn off the lights.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ELLSSUU
That's what I am thinking.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:09 PM
future
Banned

LOL
Old 06-11-2009, 09:08 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
I wish Patrick the best with his injury, it sounds terribly unfortunate.

Sadly his account with us is over 3months overdue and currently we have had no expression of desire from him to rectify this. We have temporarily deactivated his account pending him, or one of his employee's contacting us to see how they would like to approach the situation.

Adrian
Unbelievably classless on your part and that of your company.

Quick Reply: What happened to Patrick (CPR)?