Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Low idle and oil pressure help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 08:02 PM
dagame27
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low idle and oil pressure help

Guys, I am looking for some help in getting my car running well again. I just got it back after fixing a coolant leak and doing tbelt/wp maintenance. However, the car runs well when cool, but rough when warm. Idle drops to 200rpm (though I question the accuracy of my gauge, as my car doesn't run too rough) and oil pressure drops to 1bar or slightly below. When this happens I trigger the main warning light intermittently. I suspect something electric, as all of my gauges seem out of whack and volatile. Any idea's on what could cause this? I'm at the end of my rope with this thing.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

sounds like your idle air motor has stopped working. Don't worry about the oil pressure - if the idle speed is that low you will see low oil pressure.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:42 PM
dagame27
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, I will have to check that out. Is it normal to only rear its head when the car is warm? I am not too worried about the oil pressure, as I think the gauge or sender is bad. I definitely have something else electronic going on, which I will have to fix at some point.

Quick Reply: Low idle and oil pressure help