Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Does anyone know where to find a camber adjustment eccentric with more adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does anyone know where to find a camber adjustment eccentric with more adjustment?

With my car lowered where it is I am not able to get enough positive camber - with the eccentric maxed out I am at about -3.5deg camber.

I know some of you racers have very low cars, what did you do to solve this problem?

I am installing my solid cantilever arm mount tomorrow, I don't know if that will get rid of some of it.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

I am not aware of a different camber eccentric - just the swaybar drop link one.

Usually the "racers" want a lot of negative camber... and they don't drive on the street.

Exactly how low is your car? (And, what weight springs do you have in the rear?)
Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I still haven't seen pictures of this beast...
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Van
I am not aware of a different camber eccentric - just the swaybar drop link one.

Usually the "racers" want a lot of negative camber... and they don't drive on the street.

Exactly how low is your car? (And, what weight springs do you have in the rear?)
I'm running 700lb in the rear (IIRC).

Right now my car is pretty low.. I'll have to get some pictures from the fest and you can see for yourself.

I'm not looking for a different factory eccentric really, maybe just a replacement that has more positive camber built in?

I would really like to run -2.5 all around and I won't be able to do that with the factory adjustment. I adjusted it myself when it was on the alignment rack and watched it go all the way through it's range of adjustment.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Are you running solid spring plate bushings? (Sagging rubber bushings will make the camber more...)

The "fix" that I'm aware of, if you want to decrease camber on a car that's very low, is to move the inner control arm mounts up higher on the torsion bar carrier.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Van
Are you running solid spring plate bushings? (Sagging rubber bushings will make the camber more...)

The "fix" that I'm aware of, if you want to decrease camber on a car that's very low, is to move the inner control arm mounts up higher on the torsion bar carrier.
Yeah I have thought about that but it seems like a PITA. I have the solid bushings sitting on my toolbox waiting for me, I just didnt get a chance to put them on before the fest.

I'm hoping that will solve some of my problem.

It seems like you could just take out the factory eccentric and put one back in that would provide more positive. I don't have on of the eccentrics in front of me to look at so that's why im wondering if this is possible. A more aggressive eccentric would provide too much positive at stock ride height but it might work for me.

If there is no way to do that I may end up have the trailing arm mounts raised like you were saying.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:55 PM
xupkid2
Pro

It seems odd that you cant get any mor positive camber in the rear. I have 700# springs in the rear with 285/18 Hoosiers and my car is extremely low with the factory ecentic bolt and I am able to get 2.5 easily with more available. I also havent changed out my bushings yet.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xupkid2
It seems odd that you cant get any mor positive camber in the rear. I have 700# springs in the rear with 285/18 Hoosiers and my car is extremely low with the factory ecentic bolt and I am able to get 2.5 easily with more available. I also havent changed out my bushings yet.
Hmmm... that does seem odd.

Maybe it has to do with late/early suspension?
Old 06-08-2009, 04:40 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe somethings bent?
Old 06-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jasonlp
maybe somethings bent?
It's not likely that the suspension is equally bent on both sides somehow IMO
Old 06-08-2009, 08:02 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

early and late suspension is same besides the hubs and axel splines so i doubt that is the issue. There are two adjustment points in the rear though.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

That special bolt is as close as your grinder....

Quick Reply: Does anyone know where to find a camber adjustment eccentric with more adjustment?