Addict
Rennlist Member

Very sharp, John.
Old 05-25-2009 | 10:21 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by INURGRL951
Yes this is very nice.

Have a few concerns for you the temp is on the high side of things and you oil pressure is very loooow for even being driving for a few hours you my need a new radiator. Once you get you temp down you should have greater oil pressure also.
A while back I had asked the temp question on here, and the consensus was that with the temp sensors I have in my NEW radiator (hoses and WP are also new, as is the 50/50 mix of Porsche GL5? anti freeze) that the first hash mark is operating temp, second hash mark is high speed fan on... and this has held true.. this pic was taken high speed fan was off, but came on within minutes, My Oil pressure is at 2 bar due to having just finished a spirited run back from the hospital... it is 5 at cold startup, 4 on hot startup, drops to between 2 and 3 at idle at temp (2 when the high speed fans kick on, 3 when moving...)

I MAY have a small air bubble even though I have bled her so many times I had to add fluid twice... but over all temp and oil pressure have been stable the entire time I have had the car (5 months, maybe 3000 miles or so)..

My N/A was running between 1-2 oil pressure at hot temp, 3-4 while moving, 5 on cold startup, and I believe that might have had something to do with my dead balance shaft bearing in it, but the 951, off idle is 5 bar, 4.5 bar at WOT, it only rests this low while idling...
Old 05-25-2009 | 10:40 PM
CPR
Race Director

JOKA,

What a great idea!....simply Brilliant

BTW...if all goes as planned (fingers crossed) I'll be seeing you this coming weekend.
Old 05-25-2009 | 10:48 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CPR
JOKA,

What a great idea!....simply Brilliant

BTW...if all goes as planned (fingers crossed) I'll be seeing you this coming weekend.
Uh-huh, sure buddy...

I'll swap out the bulbs some time this week, and see you then... It's all good

BTW, how's your back feeling? wife's having ANOTHER (4th) stint installed tomorrow morning, should know by Friday if she goes back under the knife.. I've been flogging the crap out of the car for the last 3 weeks, and doing odd "bored" projects during my down time... Wheels..check, dash...check, wetsand...check, lenses....lenses...almost check.... In the big picture the lenses are a little cosmetic thing, It'll happen when it happens, get your back fixed up and we'll get together some time.... and don't forget to call before you drive 1.5 hours only to find out I'm in NOVA (inlaws)...
Old 05-25-2009 | 10:55 PM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Uh-huh, sure buddy...

I'll swap out the bulbs some time this week, and see you then... It's all good

BTW, how's your back feeling? wife's having ANOTHER (4th) stint installed tomorrow morning, should know by Friday if she goes back under the knife.. I've been flogging the crap out of the car for the last 3 weeks, and doing odd "bored" projects during my down time... Wheels..check, dash...check, wetsand...check, lenses....lenses...almost check.... In the big picture the lenses are a little cosmetic thing, It'll happen when it happens, get your back fixed up and we'll get together some time.... and don't forget to call before you drive 1.5 hours only to find out I'm in NOVA (inlaws)...

Check your mail Wednesday...facher

and lest you forget....1.5 hours? in this car????

I am almost insulted.....
Old 05-25-2009 | 10:56 PM
CPR
Race Director

btw...feels like ****. Still no feeling in my foot, and only 50% from the knee down. Although I think that is good thing as long as it is temporary, because everywhere else I do have feeling is some of the worst pain I have ever had.
Old 05-25-2009 | 11:14 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CPR
btw...feels like ****. Still no feeling in my foot, and only 50% from the knee down. Although I think that is good thing as long as it is temporary, because everywhere else I do have feeling is some of the worst pain I have ever had.
Dude, and you're hoping to make it up here by weeks end... heal up first then worry about coming up here to make me remove drool stains from your new toy...

I bet it's slicker than snot in a January snow storm... and I hope you let your back heal up right... trust me on this...

BTW you never did say HOW you hurt it just what you hurt... Either you let the man come down on you too hard, or you were getting up when you should have been going down...

I'll keep an eye on the mail, and post pics of the aftermath.. I believe you owe some pics of the aftermath yourself... Hmmmm

Oh and you're right 1.5 might have been a little generous.. make it 2... troopers take at least .5 each to write out the tickets on 64...
Old 05-25-2009 | 11:26 PM
CPR
Race Director

Dude, and you're hoping to make it up here by weeks end... heal up first then worry about coming up here to make me remove drool stains from your new toy...

I bet it's slicker than snot in a January snow storm... and I hope you let your back heal up right... trust me on this...

BTW you never did say HOW you hurt it just what you hurt... Either you let the man come down on you too hard, or you were getting up when you should have been going down...

I'll keep an eye on the mail, and post pics of the aftermath.. I believe you owe some pics of the aftermath yourself... Hmmmm

Oh and you're right 1.5 might have been a little generous.. make it 2... troopers take at least .5 each to write out the tickets on 64...

A 1500 lb wire reel crushed me. The bearings on the reel rack blew apart causing the spindle to jump out of the carrier and the reel to come crashing down from the rack heigth (8'). All I could do was pray.

My crew responded very quickly and calmly. They were able to crane lift it off of me within minutes. VERY lucky....and they all got a nice big bonus check, and my never ending thanks. All heroes in my book.
Old 05-25-2009 | 11:33 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CPR
A 1500 lb wire reel crushed me. The bearings on the reel rack blew apart causing the spindle to jump out of the carrier and the reel to come crashing down from the rack heigth (8'). All I could do was pray.

My crew responded very quickly and calmly. They were able to crane lift it off of me within minutes. VERY lucky....and they all got a nice big bonus check, and my never ending thanks. All heroes in my book.
God was smiling on you that fateful day... Damn brother... there are those times when we think to ourselves... "I should have called in sick today".... have you even gotten a chance to play with the new car?
Old 05-25-2009 | 11:54 PM
CPR
Race Director

God was smiling on you that fateful day... Damn brother... there are those times when we think to ourselves... "I should have called in sick today".... have you even gotten a chance to play with the new car?
Amen.

No not yet , it is still not complete, but is supposed to be ready this week. I am working on trying to be able to sit, so I can drive it when it is. My right leg hears me....it just doesn't do what it is told, so I have to "teach" it again.
Old 05-26-2009 | 12:11 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CPR
Amen.

No not yet , it is still not complete, but is supposed to be ready this week. I am working on trying to be able to sit, so I can drive it when it is. My right leg hears me....it just doesn't do what it is told, so I have to "teach" it again.
Don't rush the back and nerves, to get in the car... just give it time... I'm here for you if you need the car to be driven to keep it fresh for you while you heal... Good luck, godspeed, get well, then have some fun...

Quick Reply: SO.. I got bored