Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New to me Rims and New rubber.. WARNING HIGH RES

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 11:37 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

VERY cool! Look forward seeing your results. I thought some other guys were looking at doing this too, but I don't know what became of it.

This weather sucks. I was hoping to finish up the carpet install tonight, but no such luck with all this rain
Old 05-17-2009, 11:42 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CurtP
VERY cool! Look forward seeing your results. I thought some other guys were looking at doing this too, but I don't know what became of it.

This weather sucks. I was hoping to finish up the carpet install tonight, but no such luck with all this rain
Tomorrow is supposed to be 65 and sunny here... looks like my opportunity to get my hood liner stripped, old stone guards off, some new stone guards cut out of magnetic and see if they fly off...
Old 05-19-2009, 11:00 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

I'd pull the emblem and polish the area, then either reapply your old emblem with new double-sided tape or replace it - the rest of the car looks great in the pictures!. Just be aware that the new turbo emblems are flat - looks like the edges on yours are rounded. The '86 and '87 had flat emblems on them so I don't know if they were both changed at one point or if yours isn't original. I just thought yours looked kind of unique. The downside is that I couldn't remove mine in one piece - I wanted it for the toolbox sticker/emblem collection

My rims are Mille Miglia knock-offs. I love the look of them, but don't like the weight. I'm looking for a set of 17" late offset OEM rims. I just haven't found the right deal yet.

I was fortunate - my '87 didn't have the stone guards and I have no intention on installing a set. What I would like is a set of black magnetic ones so they can be installed for autocross/road trips, but removed and washed/polished under them.
Just for all of you who dislike the magnet, and for Curt pointing out the lack of luster around the emblem...

I'm just wondering how I managed to miss the inside of the O with the Sharpie...

And another, just a random pic I snapped tonight while taking the other one... I kinda like this one...

Old 05-20-2009, 12:30 AM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks great John!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:49 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Looks great John!
Thank you, just a few items left and I'm done...

Quick Reply: New to me Rims and New rubber.. WARNING HIGH RES