Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
I'm thinking we don't 'need' this but it could be good if you got it working perfectly in harmony with some other features. The NLTS system could be utilised too but that sounds like a much easier retro fit.
NLTS should be a fairly simple software change for you, with the addition of one-wire from the clutch switch to your ecu.

-Rogue
Old 05-04-2009, 10:37 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Yeah I'm thinking that we can do this at any time. I'm still vacillating on the Anti Lag...
Old 05-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A mild/moderate anti-lag should also be a simple software change as well. Could simply have the system activate anytime during drop-throttle... I would start with locking timing at 0degrees BTDC, and no additional fuel. Then pull more timing / add fuel from there to get desired result..

Also, I would only use it during track sessions.

-Rogue
Old 05-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Wow, I've learned a lot in this thread. Cool stuff.

With a stand-alone system (Michelle's Link come to mind), think you could also actuate the idle control stabilizer for extra air?

I wonder if you could also tune it for a certain RPM range. For example, on the track, I know I never go below 3,250 RPM... seems pointless to have it putting extra fuel in the exhaust when I'm in the pits or something!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:11 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

The LINK system (which I also have) will do all of these things and more. Very cool stuff.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:22 AM
thingo
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't think the idle stabiliser has enough range, there are different methods to hold the throttle open, track cars can hold it open and use rotational idle, or you can use a solenoid, dbw is very suitable.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Swagger93
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you can actually obtain examples from a factory homologation run of sixth-generation JDM Celica GT4s with a fuel injection system piped directly to the exhaust manifold--to re-enable it requires connection of like one wire. Niiiiice. I bet it obliterates the turbo/manifold in a very short, fun time.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Bass GT3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guy's,

Be aware that on a road/track application, anti lag can create some "push" as the engine is still creating some small power. So under braking, or off throttle, the car may understeer somewhat. This is not an issue on a rally car, as they are normally sideways upon corner entrance, so this has little effect.
This depends on the aggression of the antilag, but be aware. If the car is fitted with a LSD, this will exacerbate the problem too. Funnily, on a 4wd car, it is very neutral, as the front wheels are also being driven, but in a RWD car, the effect can be pronounced.
As for it's applicability on track you will see almost no RWD race cars using it. Have to wonder why.
And if you have a fair sized turbo that you want to keep spinning whilst taking a corner, it's suprising how aggressive it need to be set to generate meaningful boost.
As an example, the WRC cars with ALS active, run full boost at tickover. So the engine is on ull boost whenever the throttle is applied, but the lifespan of the ex valves and trbo is very short. In fact the WRC cars run hugely expensive turbos to deal with the heat generated
But if ALS is a must have, you really need an ECU capable of administering it properly. ie, cut ALS if EGT rises above X deg. Only permit ALS between X & Y throttle steeings or speeds, Do ot permit ALS within X seconds of last operation if EGT is in Y temp band. sadly, such ECU's are not cheap, as you are looking at a bona fide race ECU, such as Motec M800, Pectel SQ6 or Life Racing. All of these are commonly found on LMP type cars, so very spendy

Steve

Quick Reply: Antilag + or - ??