Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

XP from OT: Moving to Cambridge/Boston area, any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:07 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XP from OT: Moving to Cambridge/Boston area, any thoughts?

Well, it turns out I'll be doing graduate school in Cambridge, MA -- quite a lot of differences to Tucson, AZ...

Any comments/suggestions/tidbits would be very much appreciated. How's the P-car presence out there -- any tracks?

Thanks!
Collin
Old 04-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Teddy952
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Collin...

I believe there are a few 944/951 owners up here in New England. I don't know about any tracks though. Most of the tracks I race are in the woods on a MTN bike. Im sure you can get some info from RL on that.

I know you will going to school in Cambridge but I don't know where you will be living. Try someplace in Boston or as close as possible. Our public transportation here is excellent. Im guessing you will be bringing your P-car? The roads in Boston are not in the best condition. I wouldn't drive there either till you know the roads. Newbies always seem to find themselves at the *** end of a one way street... No offence

Boston itself has a TON of spirit and is a really fun town. The only thing is the weather. From November to April is long with wet/snow and cold temps. Summers in New England are worth the wait. Ignore our accent and try to become a sports fan. Cheer the RedSox at all cost or you may wind up with a fat lip from some drunkard....... unfortuneatly there is THAT here too.

oh..... bring your drinking shoes!

Best of luck and welcome to the area!
TED

Quick Reply: XP from OT: Moving to Cambridge/Boston area, any thoughts?