Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Do you ever feel like you just own a full scale model of a Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:57 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by awilson40
I tell ya, maybe I'm just lucky but I just dont have many problems with my car. In the 6 years of ownership I can only recall one time when it died and that was due to a shorted injector harness.
Sure, you have to keep up on the maintenance but thats all planned stuff. I had to replace the head gasket once but that
was due to the head lifting due to me running 20psi boost, def not the car's fault.
I'm starting to have some nagging electrical issues. I had to replace the turn signal switch assy, an odometer gear, cruise computer. But nothing that I would call unusual for a 21 year old car.
I am with you on this.

I have had little to no issues with mine....yeah sure, a sensor or a corroded connector, but other than something trivial and easy to fix, not major issues.

Now watch the SOB blow up tomorrow!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:07 AM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patrick, hope your car does not blow up tomorrow.

I do feel mine is like a model, parts are just bigger and more expensive... Hopefully sometime before the end of the summer I'll be able to complete my model car, and be leak and fire free for a while. Luckily my wife is OK with my Model cars, Model car parts (lots still new in box), Model car tools.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:11 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlturpin
Patrick, hope your car does not blow up tomorrow.

I do feel mine is like a model, parts are just bigger and more expensive... Hopefully sometime before the end of the summer I'll be able to complete my model car, and be leak and fire free for a while. Luckily my wife is OK with my Model cars, Model car parts (lots still new in box), Model car tools.
Yeah...+1 on that.

Also mine is not heavily modded, so that may have something to do with it.

Someone here once said that the logevity of our cars is directly proportionate to the mods within them....or something like that.

Bringing me to my next point of new Turbo, new WG, new EBC, new MAF, new chips, SMT-6, new head gasket, and new methanol injection system getting installed in about 6 weeks....so maybe after that and a couple grand in repair bills and I'll change my tune
Old 04-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by CPR
Bringing me to my next point of new Turbo, new WG, new EBC, new MAF, new chips, SMT-6, new head gasket, and new methanol injection system getting installed in about 6 weeks....so maybe after that and a couple grand in repair bills and I'll change my tune
"new SMT-6"...."change my tune"....I get it!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:16 PM
DVC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorax
That does everything a normal porsche would do (leak, catch on fire, cost money, take up space, annoy girlfriends) except drive?
Absolutely not. 100% reliability.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:43 AM
OntarioTurbo
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Brake clean can be a suitable substitute for the model glue. Don't ask how I know!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by OntarioTurbo
Brake clean can be a suitable substitute for the model glue. Don't ask how I know!
Try the 3M stuff in the black can....great cleaner of parts and brain cells...

Quick Reply: Do you ever feel like you just own a full scale model of a Porsche?