Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Weird Cruise Control Problems...Help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 AM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Cruise Control Problems...Help?

I finally tackled my randomly non functioning Cruise.
Disconnected the Battery and tore into the Servo, cleaned, connections looked OK, Pot Tracks looked OK. Put everything back together and all worked well...For 1 day.
Then I disconnected the Battery and tore into the Cruise Computer, reflowed any suspect joints, cleaned, checked connections and connected back up. Worked perfectly...for 1 day.
Then I Disconnected the battery, checked the clutch and brake switched, checked the Cruise lever and all its connections. Re connected the battery
and it worked fine... for one day.
THEN... I just disconnected the Battery for an hour and reconnected, The cruise worked perfectly...For 1 Day.
Any Ideas ????

Thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 108 Posts

Have you tried repairing/testing the relay in the fuse box or the control modules in the drivers footwell yet? Sounds like you have done all you can with the servo at the throttle cable. If you are disconnecting the battery and it clears you might just have a dirty relay that resets itself when powered up once. When it works for 1 day have you turned the car on/off during this time and it still works?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:26 AM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Havent looked at any relays, didnt know there was one for the Cruise
Is it listed for the Cruise or is it in tandem with something else?
I havent taken long trips but I have turned the car off, come back after an hour or so and it still worked.

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
Have you tried repairing/testing the relay in the fuse box or the control modules in the drivers footwell yet? Sounds like you have done all you can with the servo at the throttle cable. If you are disconnecting the battery and it clears you might just have a dirty relay that resets itself when powered up once. When it works for 1 day have you turned the car on/off during this time and it still works?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

I have a similar problem. Mine will work one time per engine start. In other words, if I start the car and drive off, the cruise works. If I disengage it, it wont work again until the key is turned off then back to on. Its fun pushing in the clutch, turning the engine off, then back on at 70mph just so you can re-engage the cruise. I replaced the CC computer because it wouldn't work at all, only to get a "one night stand" computer...
Old 04-01-2009, 07:13 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Well, today I disconnected just the cruise computer by removing the connectors, after work I reconnected and it worked perfectly. We'll see what happens tomorrow after sitting all night
but its looking like the brain is funky.

Quick Reply: Weird Cruise Control Problems...Help?