944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009 | 05:10 PM
mattycakes
Intermediate

Default New member

Just wanting to say hello, first timer here.

I currently have a 86 turbo and its under the knife, I have so many questions so be ready.

I will work on get a picture of it up here and then Ill break out the noob questions
Old 03-19-2009 | 05:54 PM
CPR
Race Director

here...I'll help with "noob" answers:

-yes it will make more power
-the vendors are all good, DO NOT ASK who makes a better ___________, this question can be found in the thread "Can of Worms"
-timing belt and water pump ASAP
-you will need 21-28mm spacers on the front and 28-35mm spacers rear to run late offset wheels. The first # is for 7" & 9", the second is for 8" & 10"
-don't take any criticism too seriously
-for most questions simply use the SEARCH function to pull up old threads that have addressed almost every question....multiple times.
-you are obligated to send every Rennlister who has more than 1k posts a case of Crown Royal
-no one here knows "all", but there are some extremely talented and knowledgeable members who will GO OUT of their way to help you.....in the same breath there are some......
-while typically an "Off-Topic" topic, hookers and beer can be referenced in the 951 forum as often as you choose. Provided of course that you have a pic

On a serious note, congratulations with the new purchase and welcome to the asylum also known as Rennlist.

If I can do anything to help you, feel free to ask.

PATRICK
Old 03-19-2009 | 06:19 PM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

You CAN, in fact, turbo your N/A. Just start a thread about it.

Also, planes on conveyor belts WILL NOT fly, no matter what anyone says.

Welcome aboard.

Old 03-19-2009 | 06:29 PM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ryanm6100
You CAN, in fact, turbo your N/A. Just start a thread about it.

Also, planes on conveyor belts WILL NOT fly, no matter what anyone says.

Welcome aboard.

Enzo

Originally Posted by CPR

-the vendors are all good, DO NOT ASK who makes a better ___________, this question can be found in the thread "Can of Worms"
-you will need 21-28mm spacers on the front and 28-35mm spacers rear to run late offset wheels. The first # is for 7" & 9", the second is for 8" & 10"
-for most questions simply use the SEARCH function to pull up old threads that have addressed almost every question....multiple times.
-you are obligated to send every Rennlister who has more than 1k posts a case of Crown Royal
-no one here knows "all", but there are some extremely talented and knowledgeable members who will GO OUT of their way to help you.....in the same breath there are some......
-while typically an "Off-Topic" topic, hookers and beer can be referenced in the 951 forum as often as you choose. Provided of course that you have a pic

On a serious note, congratulations with the new purchase and welcome to the asylum also known as Rennlist.

PATRICK
I think you covered all the talking points. Oh wait oil leaks yeah if it doesn't check to make sure there is any in it.

PM me so I can give you the address of where to send my booze.

And one last note. The #2 rod bearing will eventually fail if you track it. And the DME relay is prone to failure and the wire harness is finicky at the reference sensor and fuel injection harness.

Welcome
Old 03-19-2009 | 07:37 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mattycakes
Just wanting to say hello, first timer here.

I currently have a 86 turbo and its under the knife, I have so many questions so be ready.

I will work on get a picture of it up here and then Ill break out the noob questions
Welcome to the madhouse.. You will be listed as an Addict in no time at all...

AND

PM CPR to get the price for a V-1 while your car is under the knife, you won't regret it...

Patrick (CPR) Please PM me, I need some pieces your site shows as order now, but I want to pick them up if possible...
Old 03-19-2009 | 07:47 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Welcome to forum!

OT CPR - the new logo is cool!!! Did you get my email?
Old 03-19-2009 | 07:49 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Welcome to the list. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the car. Always remember to use the search button and remember to put the subject in "quotes" in the search box and you will most likely find your answer.
Old 03-19-2009 | 09:54 PM
DanR
Drifting

welcome, and hurry up with the pics
Old 03-19-2009 | 11:19 PM
J1720
Rennlist Member

Welcome and enjoy
Old 03-19-2009 | 11:35 PM
vt951
Rennlist Member

Welcome. I'm glad you are able to compose good sentences.
Old 03-20-2009 | 01:30 PM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CPR

PATRICK
Originally Posted by Kool
Enzo

I think you covered all the talking points. Oh wait oil leaks yeah if it doesn't check to make sure there is any in it.

PM me so I can give you the address of where to send my booze.

And one last note. The #2 rod bearing will eventually fail if you track it. And the DME relay is prone to failure and the wire harness is finicky at the reference sensor and fuel injection harness.

Welcome
LOL..... off to a great start I see.
Dont let these guys scare you.
Welcome..
Old 03-20-2009 | 02:36 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Welcome!

(and I better work on my post count .....)
Old 03-20-2009 | 03:23 PM
mattycakes
Intermediate

I am working on getting pictures that are up to date and online. I have had the car for almost a year now, but have only been able to work on it these past few months. It will be a track car, and there are tons of things that I would love to do, but don't have the money for(as does everyone).
I'm waiting on getting back my engine from the machine shop. The motor had very bad scarring on the cylinder walls, and the valve seals had seen better days.
As soon as my pictures are up I will give a better idea of what I have done and what I would like to do with the car.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I really hope to meet as many of you at the track as soon as I can.
Old 03-20-2009 | 04:38 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by spoolin51
LOL..... off to a great start I see.
Dont let these guys scare you.
Welcome..
You now have 944 posts
Old 03-30-2009 | 08:34 PM
mattycakes
Intermediate

just put some parts up for sale that came with the car, including a new lindsey turbo and dme and klr from a 86.

I want to stay with a stock turbo which will hopefully keep me in a more competitive field when it comes time to make it to the track. That way I can be fast due to driver skill, instead of hp. None of that point, shoot and hold on deal.

Quick Reply: New member