Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Idle control valve

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009 | 08:30 PM
OntarioTurbo
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Idle control valve

Removed intake to get at the "rats nest" of hoses. While removing the idle control valve the rubber mounts seperated from the mounting bracket (hard as rock). None of the Canadian suppliers seem to have them in stock. I was thinking of coming up with some rubber spacers instead. Anyone have this happen, and did you come up with an alternative to the factory rubber mounts?

Also, has anyone used anything other than the stock venturi hoses?
Old 03-09-2009 | 01:17 AM
bigdeano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If youre talking about the bolts that are threaded on two sides with rubber in the middle, I did the same thing and broke em in half accidentally because they were so old and brittle. I just went over to my local P-car shop and they had a bunch of of laying around and just gave me two free of charge. That's where I'd suggest trying to find them as I had no luck at the local hardware store.
Old 03-09-2009 | 11:15 AM
BGA9512
Advanced

I had exactly the same problem when replacing my vacuum lines. After I got the intake manifold off I noticed that it still had the venturi, so I and ordered the venturi kit and two mounts, part number 928-110-191-10-M100. They are about $8 a piece. It seemed worth it to keep the vibration from the ICV. While you're there, check all the hoses. Some on my '88 snapped as I was moving them and I replaced most of them and the cycling valve and the hose to the wastegate. The car is now making full boost according to factory specs.
Old 03-09-2009 | 05:23 PM
chris951
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I umm just didn't worry about it and took them off.
Old 03-09-2009 | 10:17 PM
OntarioTurbo
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I spoke to a friend of mine with an Audi turbo and he said his is mounted directly to the bracket, no rubber isolators, except for the rubber on the strap/clamp that goes around it. Came that way from the factory. The nearest Porsche Dealer is about a 2.5 hour drive or I could order the parts from the US, but if customs opens the package (totally random) then they charge a handling fee and GST tax on it as well. Either way a costly endeavor. You guys have it pretty good for parts down in the US. I think I may make up a couple of rubber spacers and go with that.
Old 03-09-2009 | 11:35 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OntarioTurbo
I spoke to a friend of mine with an Audi turbo and he said his is mounted directly to the bracket, no rubber isolators, except for the rubber on the strap/clamp that goes around it. Came that way from the factory. The nearest Porsche Dealer is about a 2.5 hour drive or I could order the parts from the US, but if customs opens the package (totally random) then they charge a handling fee and GST tax on it as well. Either way a costly endeavor. You guys have it pretty good for parts down in the US. I think I may make up a couple of rubber spacers and go with that.
Ask Ian to send them Priority Mail. I have sent a couple of packages this way to Canada without customs problems.
http://www.944online.com/cgi-bin/ASI...skukey_1000325
Old 03-10-2009 | 05:15 PM
eniac
Drifting

I just drilled a hole through exhaust hanger rubber I had laying around and cut them to size. It's works great adn I don't have to worry about these ripping off since the bolts go straight through.

Quick Reply: Idle control valve